Bridgestone 021 review/issue

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
Bought the Bridgestone 021's as my second set of replacement tires. Read all of the available reviews online so I felt confident I was getting a decent product. I have approximately 5000 miles of mostly commuting miles on these tires and the front tire is showing threads already. The rear tire has at least another 4-5k left on it. I have emailed Bridgestone and am communicating with a regional rep on what exactly happened to the front tire. Needless to say, no more Bridgestones for me.

Regardless of the outcome with Bridgestone, I went ahead and purchased some Michelin Pilot Power Road 2's. They are on back order from Motoxoutlet.com so I went to Cycle Gear and picked up a Michelin PPR2 front just get me back on the road. Once I get the set I'll at least be running the same tires.

This is where Roc comes in. Thanks for taking your Saturday to get me on the road brother! It was fantastic to get back on the bike after having been off of it for a week.

Here are some pics....

DC080809004.jpg

another front tire shot...really disappointed in these tires

DC080809003.jpg

BT-021 front at 3000 miles. Middle is good, sides are to the wear bars, no they don't seem to hold up very well do they?

Busa8-9-08002Medium.jpg

Wow. That must be the issue that Bogus is having. I will keep an eye on mine. Right at 2k on them and no issues so far. Thanks guys.
beerchug.gif

glad to see this post as i was considering trying out a set.  ill stick with my qualifiers
Glad to help. I wish I would have know about the issues everyone else was having with the 21's before buying.

So on that note I suggested to MCMUSTANG we create a "Product Review" area to help potential buyers research what has and hasn't worked for us on our Busa's. Of course pictures, purchase info, and as much detail as possible would help make that area of the board very useful I think.

Still waiting for a reply on that request....maybe if we all start a rumor it will come true.

I've heard stories both ways... I just put 021's on mine, so I guess we'll see which side of the line I fall on... I've heard several guys that had no problems with theirs and love them, but then I've heard a few that had the same front tire issue around 5K miles... maybe Bridgestone had a bad batch or something
rock.gif

Only time will tell I guess
thumb_up.gif

close friend of mine has 20,000+ on his front BT-021 AND Is just now needing a replacement, so something must be wrong with the front suspension or their was some stoppies at every chance done to do that.

Wow!

My tires usually look like that in 2000 miles!

I have an '06 and it is wearing its 5th set (random soft / medium compounds from various manufacturers) at just over 10,000 miles.

But hey, I expect stickyness, handling and me not being scratched up or worse, not longevity.

I bought a set for mine about 1000 miles ago because I saw another guy here locally that had 9500 on his rear tire and it still had half it's useful life left. I hope that was just a bad batch of rubber or something.

Back