Another tire question...

Freak_RN

Registered
Well...  It seems that I have put my original rear tire down to the wear indicator
biggrin.gif
 I've had the bike about 8 weeks and put about 3000 km's on it... (Km's not miles... lol)  No Burnouts!!!

Now, am I better to stay with the BT56's that came with it or move up to a different tire...?

And if a diff tire is better, what should I go with given that I seem to be riding the Beast hard? I'm going to want compirable grip, I'll even take a bit better with simmilar wear.

I've been looking at the Michelin Pilot HPX, Pilot Power (whenever available), or another Bridgestone...?

Help

all those you listed should grip better than your orinigal stone tire. As for wear time. They should last as long as your bridgestone but riding hard on any tire wears it away quickly. Get used to it. Your riding a busa for pete sake.
laugh.gif

RESEARCH THE AVON 45/46 I THINK I AM GONNA GO WITH THEM HERE SOON.. SEEMS TO HAVE COMBINATION OF GOOD GRIP AND LONGEVITY.. GOOD LUCK WITH UR DECISION.

ive been staying with the 56s cuase they seem to last alittle longer in the center tread than the others.(cant always be in a turn ya know)

I'm using a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport HPX's. During a recent Deal's Gap trip, I found them to be much more confidence inspiring at extreme-lean angles than the stock tires. The HPX variant is made with two different rubber compounds--"softer" on the outside for better grip, and "harder" in the center for extended wear. I can't testify to their wear resistance yet but they bite like a cat-on-a-carpet in the twisties!  
wink.gif

Gotta agree that the pilot sports are excellent! Pricey, but good. Longevity is in question though.

as for BT56, for goodness sake, they are prehistoric! 012SS or the newer BT014 should be a much much better bet for not much more $$$.

Depends very much on what you do with the bike. For a daily hack and if longevity is an issue, the BT020 is capable enough.

I'm on Pilot Sports too.....love em.
Was thinking of trying Avon next though!!
The stockers are not great tires.

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087143912 -->

Got 208's on mine now(second go-around for 208s on my Busa).Only reason I put 'em on again was due to the fact I am a cheap bastad at the present time.Less than impressive the first time,second time is the same .Besides stock 56s,I have also runout one set of Pilot Sport HPXs(200 rear).Best feeling tires I have ever personally experienced,although the rear went away quickly.

Back