How far have you ridden?

How many miles have you riden in a single day?

• 1-50

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 51-100

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 101-200

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • 201-300

Votes: 43 14.4%
  • 301-400

Votes: 45 15.1%
  • 401-500

Votes: 55 18.5%
  • 501-600

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • 601-750

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • 751-1000

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • 1000+

Votes: 30 10.1%

• Total voters
There is a good representation of riding. Some people ride for fun/cruising and some people ride for sport touring/long distance. The furthest I've been is about 200-250 miles round trip.

842 Rock Island,Ill. to Deals Gap.. The long way there.. Usually about 740 give or take a couple miles.. I have made this trip several times, Turns out to be 1800-2000 mile week end..

Down in one day ride around for two days and ride back home in one day.. :thumbsup:

Jacksonville, N.C to West Palm Beach, Fl 12+hrs and then back a week later. Did in 06 when I first got my Bus right after initial service and lube. Loved every mile of it.:bowdown:

i rode from here in dayton ohio to louisiana. just over 1000 miles. took me i think 18 hours straight driving. minus gas,food and potty break. after the first 10 hours everything that hurt didnt hurt any more. most likely numb..:laugh: a trip like that needs vicodin and some muscle relaxers afterwards though.:whistle:

i rode my TLR from from NC to Clarksville,TN. i was kinda forced to make the ride,at the time i didnt have a truck and uhaul was gonna butt rape me on the price of a truck one way. so talk with the wife and decided to ride it back. GREAT ride up until i got on the other side on Knoxville and the sky opened up on me. But looking back on it, it was a super experance.

I've done several 550 mile days while thrashing in the mountains.

Just wait until you guys see what I try on the Buell next month!

i've done 300-600 miles trips in a day. my longest trip (1000+ miles, one way, so 2000+ miles 2 way), will be longest and happening this April:cheerleader:

Looking at making the ride from Seattle to San Fran this year...I will have to make sure that I'm in great shape and also will most likely hit up Portland for a night over.

my personal best is 1258mi on a 79 GL1000. on the Hayabusa i have yet to come close to that. maybe 650mi in a day. just haven't had a destination and time restriction to make me do it again. i like to take my time if i can. although i AM going to ride from Casper to Albuquerque on the 29th. that will most likely end up a 800mi day :kissass::laugh:

1219 in 23hr 11 min and YES I was tired :goodboy: . And on top of that, I didn't make the top 10 :duh: , 12th yes, but NO CIGAR :down:

582 miles. Unfaired Hayabusa with a pillion.
471 miles. B-King, all twisty / sweeping country roads.

I have a couple of bigger day rides planned for this year.

Used to ride from home in Stafford, CT up to Mass pike, then up Rt 7 into VT until it got too redneck to find gas :p All from the comfort of my 03 R6, with my awesome touring gear (t shirt, mesh gloves, cheapie helmet).

Can't wait to get back to CT (this weekend!) then attempting some more mileage.

Question for the Ironbutt members...do you do those miles on the highway? I was considering trying it before the summer is over, but I don't see doing 1000 miles in one day while enjoying backroads. Kinda makes it seem boring to just hop on the highway and ride for something other than the ride

1,000+ miles last Memorial Day. It took us 19 hours because it rained for like 5 hours.

1,000+ miles last Memorial Day. It took us 19 hours because it rained for like 5 hours.

:bowdown:

It is something I want to do this summer. Im thinking of hitting Tahoe, Yosemite, then all the way down to Tijuana then back home.

Last edited:
Well, I was actually the passenger. But Dan and I rode 700+ a couple of years ago. He wants to do the Iron Butt so we're seeing about the plans for that one.

Back