how far and how long, have you ridden?

red1100cc

Registered
i just rode further than i ever have. lived on the bike for 22 days. 6307miles. im sore tired and happy to be home. but i know im not the only gingerbread man traveler in here. so you've read about my trip, tell me about yours. whats the longest you've ever ridden? maybe it wasn't how far it was, but how miserable you were..:laugh: or maybe you live on your bike. tell me a story, share with the class.:beerchug:

Let me be the first to welcome you home Russ! Got bitten by the sport-touring bug long time ago so longest non-stop ride for me was 1230 miles in 22 hours, couple days later rode 37 hrs straight across the south covering 1600 miles. Couple months later, left again on a 10,000 mile journey. Planned a 3rd big ride of around 15,000 miles (Nova Scotia & back), but I met a girl & blew all my money restoring an old british sportscar. Ah well. Fun trips and spent the next 2 years writing a book about the experiences of being on the bike all day and wandering around America. I did live off the bike back in those college days, no car. :laugh:

It's a cliche to even say it, but there's nothing quite like the open road on a bike.

Last edited:
1979, on a 650 Kaw. 5100 mi. Open face helmet. No rain gear. No credit cards All the money I had was on me. Made it home with 2 dollars in my pocket. Could have written a book on how not to take a motorcycle trip. Had a great time :laugh:

So far the longest has been around 250 miles. Bought my baby in Kingman Kansas, and then rode back to Lansing Kansas. Now that I am in Europe though, I am going to hit all the countries over here, take pics, and post them. Just waiting for her to get here off the boat.:laugh:

6000 miles. Parry Sound, ON to Corpus Christi, TX, round trip. GS750EF 1984 5 Days -runnin from a hurricane..with me bro.....it was awesome!

Last edited:
Congrats on the successful journey. Planning for an adventure like that is an experience unto itself, no? Yes.

In 2006, I embarked upon on a 3300 mile trip with eight friends. I rode (the original) Pegasus for that trip...

We had an Audi A8L as a chase car, so I didn't carry a single piece of luggage for the entire trip. :whistle:

Hahahahaha...I know, I know. (But, those who can, do; those who can't, carry their own luggage.) :laugh:

Now, THAT'S the way to travel! :beerchug:

Congrats on the successful journey. Planning for an adventure like that is an experience unto itself, no? Yes.

In 2006, I embarked upon on a 3300 mile trip with eight friends. I rode (the original) Pegasus for that trip...

We had an Audi A8L as a chase car, so I didn't carry a single piece of luggage for the entire trip. :whistle:

Hahahahaha...I know, I know. (But, those who can, do; those who can't, carry their own luggage.) :laugh:

Now, THAT'S the way to travel! :beerchug:

Pardon me..... would you happen to have some grey poop..pon? Please audi chase car? I just threw up in my mouth.

:cheerleader: right on yall! ty for the welcome home! had alot of fun putting the Hyper into Hyper Sport Touring. stock seat needs a little work, and i want to gain the power back i had at sea level. but my stock 07 did pretty well. i can see many long trips on my tour Buss im my future.
im going to have to read Pashnit's book. sound like a good one. i lived on your website dreaming about parts for months before i left. and you were one of my inspirations to ride the Busa and not my Harley.
it wasnt too long ago a 750 was a big bike. 1300 had plenty of umph to get me there and back.

:cheerleader:Busa Busa raa raa raa:cheerleader:

I'm on my 3rd day of a 3 week trip. I'll be meeting up with Pashnit (Tim) next weekend for the Memorial weekend ride. I should have about 12,000kms (7500 miles) by the time I get home.

I'm on my 3rd day of a 3 week trip. I'll be meeting up with Pashnit (Tim) next weekend for the Memorial weekend ride. I should have about 12,000kms (7500 miles) by the time I get home.

That's awesome.. Please keep us updated with pic's, I would love to go on one of Tim's rides.. :thumbsup:

:cheerleader:this is awesome. we don't even compare a little bit. I believe that our longest trip to date was about 300 miles in one day.

CONGRATS and WELCOME HOME

My best is 1842 in 4 days.. Left Quad Cities,Il (home) Thursday morning 840 miles later arrived at Deals Gap Thursday night. Hung out/rode Friday and Saturday then sprinted back home on Sunday 750 miles.. Have done this ride several times.. :thumbsup:

If it's less than a couple hundred miles why getter out? :laugh:
The only trailer I want is one that will be pulled behind the Busa.. :whistle:

Last edited:
Rode from Daytona beach to Pennsylvania, one day trip straight through, only stopping for gas. took 10 hours to go about 1,250 miles. and rode back 3 days later. what a ride.

Rode from Daytona beach to Pennsylvania, one day trip straight through, only stopping for gas. took 10 hours to go about 1,250 miles. and rode back 3 days later. what a ride.

Was she worth it? ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

last Saturday I rode 1133 miles in 23 1/2 hours to ST Louis. Ironbutt baby. :) congratz on your trip. I enjoued reading about your trip. Wish I had the time and money to take off to the west coast, ride some Pashnit roads, hang out with the west coast hoons and then ride back home. :) on my bucket list of things to do. :)

Back