How many people started with a busa?

Not only "no," but "hell no." I've have pretty strong feelings on this so I'll just shut my mouth and leave it at that.

The interesting question would be who has both started and finished on a Busa.

But I suspect they don't post too much.

cheers
ken

well crap.... yes *dodges tomatoes/beer bottles/small children*

i learned to ride on my friends 08 busa. then i bought my own busa. im not an idiot and ride within my limits. ive logged 4600 miles on mine and still havent scratched the new off of it yet. i know i will at some time but not yet. i am 6'3" 235lbs and cant sit on another bike (excluding the ZX-14) without my azz killing me. that and im not into cruisers/tourers

:cheerleader:
i learned to ride on my friends 08 busa. then i bought my own busa.
:thumbsup:

finaly a yes :beerchug: so i guess ill answer too

for myself i can honestly say that i had about 45-60 minutes of instructions of how to ride on a crusier(mostly because i never drove anything with a clutch), then about a week later got on my busa drove a couple times around a couple of times then took it on the highway. and that was about 11months ago; then about a month and a half later took a motorcycle driving class begingers though
:rulez:never have and never will ride with out my gloves,helmet,jacket though:rulez:

since then added a little here and there and now looking to add a turbo this winter; thought about nitros but didnt want to keep refilling a bottle

:cheerleader::thumbsup:

finaly a yes :beerchug: so i guess ill answer too

for myself i can honestly say that i had about 45-60 minutes of instructions of how to ride on a crusier(mostly because i never drove anything with a clutch), then about a week later got on my busa drove a couple times around a couple of times then took it on the highway. and that was about 11months ago; then about a month and a half later took a motorcycle driving class begingers though
:rulez:never have and never will ride with out my gloves,helmet,jacket though:rulez:

since then added a little here and there and now looking to add a turbo this winter; thought about nitros but didnt want to keep refilling a bottle

11 months of total riding time with the missile being your first bike eh?............... Amazing!.................................... Good on you for wearing your gear, now add some leather pants. If anything is gonna hit the ground on a slow get off or a low side it's gonna be the knees, hips and hands. Lamb can't even imagine having to learn 18 years of lessons on the top dog. GOOD LUCK, and welcome to the addiction!!

Yessir the busa was my first and only bike. No extensive experience, just a msf course. I would not have it any other way.:thumbsup:

HELL YEAH, I took the MSF course and then went home and jumped on the K8Busa. This bike was for my 40th bday. Even though it is my first bike, I give the Beast plenty of RESPECT. I love riding it and would not ride anything else.

FFI for you military types.

I took it the OP that the question is "Was the Busa the first bike you every rode?" if you can't follow basic instruction maybe you shouldn't ride motorcycles.

If your answer is "Yes, but" then your answer is simply "no".
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think they got that part bro. Luckily we are all friends here, so its just amusing.

my first and only bike was a 2003 busa, ive had it for three years. I love the bike and im really glad i got it as as a first bike. However i dont think they are a good first bike for everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got my 06 busa in April 06 and it was the first bike I ever rode. I still have it and am getting the itch to start doing mods. I just have some slip ons right now.

I started with an SV, then GSXR 600, then an R6 and now my busa.....time line covered? About 5yrs riding.

Be smart- your time will come. Common sense is not so common so think about it and sprout some before you scamper off to the dealership thinking cause you watched "Faster" 85 times you're a "skilled rider" only to later realize it wasn't a smart idea and because of inexperience your busa becames part of a family of 5 in a minivan that is now trimed down to 2.

(generalized .02 not specifically directed at anyone- unless the shoe fits ofcourse)

My 02 Busa was my first bike (will post pictures soon). I have ridden Honda and Yamaha cruisers (Dad) and my friend let me keep his ZX-11 for about 3 months. I've had it for a few years now and I am loving it.

Me and my roomate bought a 02 Gixxer 600 to learn on for the MSC. We both rode that and my 99 Katana for a couple months then traded in both for my 04 Gixxer 600 and her 06 Busa. About 6 months experiance before she jumped on a Busa. What makes me laugh is most people we talk to that have lots of road and race experiance and ride litterbikes, are still afraid of the Busa. They seem to think that its some evil spawn sent from hell and if they have anything to do with it, they wont get into heaven. LOL

i started on a hayabusa... not scary at all. (but i raced cars and understand breaking distance, speed and i read a few books (twist of the wrist 2)

I started on a 07 Busa, never rode a bike before, unless you count my friends PW50 when we were kids. I'm taking it slow and respect it a lot. Have dropped it already, but would of been the same on any other bike.

Back