how far and how long, have you ridden?

Last Summer did 2 1/2 days to cover 2200 km (just under 1400 miles) roadtrip on my Busa was a great trip. Was first real trip I ever traveled on a bike.

I think the longest I did about 1000 miles in 3 days mostly around upsate NY. That was on Katana 600 some years ago. I planned a route through some places I've never been before.

I remember one road that got more and more narrow, and trees got taller and taller, and the forest got darker and darker, and at some point I started to think what if I come across a bear or something, and I figure I will rev the heck out of the engine... Anyway, I came to an opening with a beatiful pond, house on the side, a lonely boat by the house, quiet and nice picture. The road got wider, police car went by, and I was on my way.

Crossing Hudson via a pretty tall bridge. I figured I needed to stop right in the middle of the bridge and take a few shots to capture a beatiful view. As I am almost done, a bridge patrol comes by with unhappy faces. I apologized and they let me off with no issues.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make that it is an amazing feeling of being on a bike for prolonged periods of time. You sort of grow together, and the perception of the world slowly changes to something different.

Otherwise, a rare day trip, in the country.

I did the 4 corners trip on a GL1800 2 years ago. All 4 corners of the US including the tip of the Keys and back home in 15 days. Just a little over 9500 miles. Fantastic bike but sold it as it didn't light my fire.

Rode over 3500 miles on my Yamaha GTS 1000 in 9 days including 957 miles in one day to get home.

On my Busa I did 1020 miles in 18 hours for my first Iron Butt ride last fall.

I have done one trip with Tim of Pashnit and I highly recommend his tours. My group had all kinds of bikes and a great group of people and Tim picks ome great roads. Try it, you willl like it.

busa Dave, 1250 miles in 10 hours??? That is averaging 125 miles an hour with gas stops means you were riding around 140 miles an hours all day. Are you sure???

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
there is just a bonding with your machine that takes place when you ride long distance or just a long time on your motorcycle. relying on each other to make it home again.

question is now, where to ride next?? :poke: Hawaii jan. 2011!

I've done a couple of 540mi days, that is the one nice thing about south kommie-fornia, we have plenty of nice canyon roads around here

Trip to the Memorial day rally (Rolling Thunder) in Washington D.C. I think it was around 4,000 or 5,000 miles in 5 days. Stock seat it wasn't too bad but I had already been on several 1,000+ mile trips to get ready for it. Just rode 300 miles this past saturday and I was nearly about to cry :( I am not ready this year

This is my 2nd season, and I've done a few 400mile day trips. I'm in NJ so there's not much, I think I've covered almost everything around and spread out to PA and Upstate NY. I'm a confident rider, but would like probably another season under my belt till I start planning cross country type stuff.

The longest ride I've done was 838 miles in one day.
for me that was about max for me too. and i hurt for the next 3 days.

keep um coming! these are great. :thumbsup:

any pics? for me it was the ride home that was hard.:whistle:

westpalm to the keys 042.jpg

home from florida 060.jpg

busa Dave, 1250 miles in 10 hours??? That is averaging 125 miles an hour with gas stops means you were riding around 140 miles an hours all day. Are you sure???

No kidding sounds like a Mr.Bogus story.. :laugh:

Back