How far have you ridden?

How many miles have you riden in a single day?

• 1-50

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 51-100

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 101-200

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • 201-300

Votes: 43 14.4%
  • 301-400

Votes: 45 15.1%
  • 401-500

Votes: 55 18.5%
  • 501-600

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • 601-750

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • 751-1000

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • 1000+

Votes: 30 10.1%

• Total voters

LeDauz

Registered
ok simple question how far have you riden your busa in a single day?

I ask because this summer am gana ride to my aunts wedding and its a 14 hr ride one way

and my farthest so far is a little less than 300 miles

Last edited:
the most I've done in one day 875 kms, equal to about 550 miles.
That was comin home from Mexico back in late summer '07
Now mind you by the time we got going that day it was like 10-11 am or so, and as a result we had to go pretty steady from that point on

I've done a little over 500 in a day, after that my knees/back just start to hurt and its not much fun. I think with the right modifications you can make the distance a bit easier, I did mine on a fully stock busa (seat, pegs, etc). I've got heli bars now and they help a great deal with shoulder/back/wrist pain, thinking buell pegs and an upgraded seat would get me another few hundred.

I know there's a few iron butt folks here, hopefully they chime in soon :thumbsup:

Most I have done so far was a 400 mile trip in a day. Whent from my house to the dragon and back. Only thing that really bothered me was the back of my neck from the helmet. Very enjoyable rid though.

906 miles. Bought the Busa in Jacksonville, FL, and rode it back to League City, Tx. Then did not touch her again for two weeks cuz my butt looked like this :moon:...

Last edited:
Longest trip was between 750 - 850 miles one way Tennessee to Washington D.C. for the Rolling Thunder Rally. Have had many 400 to 600 mile trips just cruising though. The Busa is perfect for me the only thing that get sore is my neck I believe if I coughed up the money for a more expensive helmet I could take care of that though

Good luck and ride safe on your trip, and remember to post pics of your trip.:thumbsup:

600 miles is my limit per day. I rode down to FL from NJ for the Superbowl one year. Once I got to SC I stopped for the evening.

longest so far is 1080 but that is hopefully going to get broken this year :thumbsup: rear is dropped about 3/4", seat, rearsets, handlebars, etc. are all stock...the trick is building yourself up to it by taking longer and longer trips

Rode from my house to the dragon, and did the whole loop, then back home. 600+ miles

250 miles back home to Brooklyn, New York from Boston to go and pick up the Busa...in JANUARY no less....ugh

Up at 4 am on the road for a 650 mile day of exploring. Great fun!! Ride till dark.

Fun day! Crossed off a lot of roads. :thumbsup:

Img_2361-SodaLakeRd.jpg

Img_2361-SodaLakeRd.jpg

Garden Grove, CA to Amarillo,TX, twice. 'Bout 1070 miles. Both times on my way to The Gap.

Ottawa, Ontario to Cape Cod, MA quite a few years ago on a GS750ES. Pretty tired at the end of the day (about 10 hrs in the saddle with plenty of construction traffic over 950 km) but a great destination.

About 440 miles to Indianapolis. Summer before last going to the MotogP race. 2 days at the race track, and made the same jaunt in the other direction coming home. 1100 miles total in 4 days.

Back