How many people started with a busa?

Guess I don't qualify. The busa is my first bike, but I took the MSF before buying it and rode scooters, dirt bikes as a kid. 50 cc's to 1300 was a bit of a jump and I haven't quite killed myself yet.... almost, though. :D

FINALLY the first YES....hell yes the busa was my first.bought brand spankin new in april never rode aything else in my life...my friend took it down the street from the dealership for me and i took over in a stop n shop parking lot for about an hour then got on the highway (45min ride home). goin on 7 months with it..dropped it once...made a couple of mods and im already poppin the clutch to get that front end in the air :laugh:

FINALLY the first YES....hell yes the busa was my first.bought brand spankin new in april never rode aything else in my life...my friend took it down the street from the dealership for me and i took over in a stop n shop parking lot for about an hour then got on the highway (45min ride home). goin on 7 months with it..dropped it once...made a couple of mods and im already poppin the clutch to get that front end in the air :laugh:
Now me saying yes wasn't meant to justify what you've done, or indicating it's smart, it's just the truth and frankly a dumb decision made during a stressful time. And already popping the clutch to get it up is easy enough, so be careful, be smart, this isn't a game.

No. But its my second bike to ever ride. I bought a wrecked 600 rebuilt learned to ride and sold it. 4 years later I got myself a new busa. I don't think its the best tool for the new rider but if your sensible and realize you can kill yourself easily then you can learn to ride or drive anything streetworthy at any skill level.
Posted via Mobile Device

besides racing MX like 3 years back when I was 16, and one or two rounds on a friends Katana 600 (BOAT):laugh:, the busa was my first, but aint gonna leave it at that; It took a soild week of putting around on my buddies new busa slower than old people.... well, ya know:whistle: 100% agree that you can pop ur cherry on a busa, you gotta R E S P E C T this monster:bowdown:

i started on a busa with only a few hours of practice on a 250 prior. definately best decision ive ever made the it as a first bike:thumbsup:

Took MSF course and then bought my busa two weeks later. No XP before MSF except for some hardcore research.

Yes, the very first bike I ever rode was my 05 Busa that I got a little over a month and a half ago. My friend had to drive it to my house and on the way we stopped in an empty parking lot and he showed me the basics of how to get moving. After that I just rode around my subdivision everyday to gain confidence. When I thought I was ready after 2 weeks I moved on to the 2 lane road, then after about 4 weeks I was on the highway. I took it slow and always respected the power. The more I ride the more situations I encounter. The more sitiuations I encounter the more I know how to deal with them safely.

Yes, the very first bike I ever rode was my 05 Busa that I got a little over a month and a half ago. My friend had to drive it to my house and on the way we stopped in an empty parking lot and he showed me the basics of how to get moving. After that I just rode around my subdivision everyday to gain confidence. When I thought I was ready after 2 weeks I moved on to the 2 lane road, then after about 4 weeks I was on the highway. I took it slow and always respected the power. The more I ride the more situations I encounter. The more sitiuations I encounter the more I know how to deal with them safely.

90% of motorcycle deaths not injures or crashes but deaths are people who are self taught or taught by family and/or friends.

MSF?

Nope, not me.

I learned on a KZ750 in '85, graduated to a Katana, then a '99 Busa, now an '05 LE.
Unless I know a person well and know their maturity I'd never recommend a Busa as a first bike.

Having said that, I don't think I'd recommend any "R" bike as a decent first choice. I know there are always exceptions to the rules but unfortunately I've seen too many folks that thought they were the "exception" only to be B-slapped by reality.

1970: 80cc Gemini Mini Trail.
1982: Kawasaki KZ750.
1986: Kawasaki KZ1000R Ninja
2005: 04 Busa LE
2008: 08 Busa Org/Blk (Fastest Color)

Back