a chance to ride a Busa..

wheelinaz

Registered
A dealer in Tucson AZ has a white 2010 'Busa with 2100 mi on it. Was owned by some local corporate bigshot (40+ years old) who buys then gets rid of many bikes a year. It is SPOTLESS, has aftermarket adjustable footpegs, single Yoshimura pipe conversion w/power commander (?) chip, braided brake lines. Dealer let me take it home and back, about 25 miles, and it was educational.:shocked: WOW.
41 years ago I started with hill climbs, then motocross when Roger Decoster was king, then years of touring. I now enjoy rolling around on an '08 Wing with the local Geezer chapter, BUT....
Those 25 miles on this rocket lit the old fire. Pretty sure I can have some fun just trying to keep the kids in sight, but money's important too since the pension aint getting any bigger. I need to know what the thing's worth. They want 11K out the door. Any advice other than have my head examined?:rofl:

welcome. price is a bit high, maybe $9500 OTD.
P.S. There are many of us "old farts" here who are on Busas.

:thumbsup: wow that was great they let you test ride it (25 miles) first i dont know of any dealer i ever when to let me test ride first that would be nice if they did :cheerleader:

I live in Sierra Vista AZ and the dealer down here wanted 10K a few weeks back for one similar.... and I thought they were a bit high on that one. $9500-$9800 OTD is about right. People also got to remember that here in Arizona we have year around riding so bike hold their value more. You will pay the same price for a bike in January as you would in July.... and :welcome: to the org

They didnt import any 2k10's to the US mainland, if its a 2010, you found a rare bird. The 2011 colors here are the same as the 2010 colors that eveyone else got.

And :welcome:

:thumbsup: wow that was great they let you test ride it (25 miles) first i dont know of any dealer i ever when to let me test ride first that would be nice if they did :cheerleader:

I was thinking the same thing, it would be nice to test a bike before you buy it, I bought a 1k cause I like how it looks, but if I would ride it before, I probably wouldn't buy it:whistle:

Well... All I have to say is: you have been infected and there is no cure. There are temporary treatments available, but you will never be the same again. Luckily, if you want to have a temporary treatment administered, Suzuki was kind enough to implement an applicator on the right handlebar. Just twist it and hold on. This should suppress your disease for about 5 minutes. 10 if you're building a tollerance to the treatment.

but on the serious side, I bought my 08 brand new for 10.8 + tt$l, so a little more OTD. I would say that price is a bit high. I would suggest mentioning you saw another dealer with one for 9000, and see if they budge... Thats what I did to get mine for 10.8... I mentioned another dealer just over the border in the next state over had one for 10.3, but I didnt want to drive if I didnt have to.

Like Fastfrog said. Are you sure it's a 2010? If it is I could see it being worth a little more simply due to fact the 2010s are so rare in the USA. Price is a bit high but not ridiculous.
10k out the door for it sounds better :)

I wouldnt pay 11k for it but its not money its yours. i would offer $9-$9500 firm for it. According to your post of aftermarket goodies i would say there's about 1500.00 in parts. The dealer is trying to make extra money off of parts they didn't originally pay for. Remember this, they need to sell bikes and you have the option to wait or buy elsewhere. Post up a pic so we can see if its a 2010

Thanks to all for the welcomes and replies, nice not getting ridiculed as I hear sometimes happens at forums. Having never gotten a test run myself anywhere before, dealer gave me keys after signing a damage waiver w/promise to pay, and giving copies of license/endorsement/insurance card. Have known the folks at Ridenow on Ina Rd for 11 years, and bought my Wing at their store on 22nd, but am guessing the pre-test-drive stuff makes good business sense because maybe another graybeard with a limp brought one back severely modified once...:laugh: As for the what-year-is-it riddle, the used bike on which I scared myself matches (minus the pegs, chip, and steel lines) a new white '11 model on the showroom floor, so I was on an '11. And next to the showroom white model sits another new gray unit (one made before a year was skipped?) they'd love to sell for 9499, marked down from 13100. So I have to ask, how do I arrive at a value for the one I want? NADA and KBB don't have used Busa '11 or '10 prices where I've looked. Thanks again everyone for getting back to me.

:poke:if your buying used, maybe craigs list would be a good place to look.
if you just want a Busa, there are alot of them out there. you might be able to find one all sparkled up like ya want for cheeper.

i only bought from a dealer because i wanted a 0mi bike with a good warranty.

They didnt import any 2k10's to the US mainland, if its a 2010, you found a rare bird. The 2011 colors here are the same as the 2010 colors that eveyone else got.

Unless he had it custom painted or ordered plastics. If the former owner really was a "rich guy," he could have done anything.

Back