How does a Jackshaft HOLD-UP?

BigRod1300

Registered
The big tire arm kits are rated for 500hp.....but the bearings in the jackshaft are NOT, AND I CAN PROOVE IT! 2,200 miles on the kit of witch 4.75 mile where trips down the 1/4.
When the outer shaft bearing ( the jackshaft side running chain to wheel) blu-out it was all at once. I only got 4 miles from home when I heard it. Limped back home unknowing what it was ....and this is what I found.:banghead::banghead:

DSCN1677.jpg

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

DSCN1682.jpg

There are all kinds of bearings available from very low quality to very high. Whose kit is that? Can you tell what the bearing brand and number is?

Jay

The kit is C&S. Can not see anything on the bearing. I knew there would be some issues about running the big 330 thru the 1/4. All issues can be resolved and made better once you know what they are. Also been starting chat with RoaringToyz about their jackshaft-LESS 330 kit.

For 19 pass down the 1/4 and launching very hard...it has held up well. New and better bearings will help.

In the last pic...lower right is a spacer that has/ or did have a lip that sits inside the jackshaft cog. It was destoryed.

Man your jackshaft is completely different from mine. I have over 5K on my jackshaft and it is still in perfect condition. Granted I have not taken it down the strip but I have taken it to the restrictor.

Man your jackshaft is completely different from mine. I have over 5K on my jackshaft and it is still in perfect condition. Granted I have not taken it down the strip but I have taken it to the restrictor.

In those pics you see only the one side of the adjustment. Can you post pics of your jackashaft?? I think this all would have been fin for several 1,000+++ miles except I have had 19 hard hooking launches at the track.....by be root cause:whistle:? On the street it just lites up the tire and min the torgue the jackshaft.

That sucks man. If that was mine I think I would have those parts upgraded. A good machinest could make that part much stronger I would think. What are your plans?

i heard they make a jack shaft-less 300+ kit now? i would think it just extends the font sprocket out further... maybe look into that

Just get rid of that big waste of rubber on the back and get back to the basic set up problem solved.

In those pics you see only the one side of the adjustment. Can you post pics of your jackashaft?? I think this all would have been fin for several 1,000+++ miles except I have had 19 hard hooking launches at the track.....by be root cause:whistle:? On the street it just lites up the tire and min the torgue the jackshaft.

I will try to put some pics up tomorrow. I'm going to adjust my chain, so i can take the pics then...

i heard they make a jack shaft-less 300+ kit now? i would think it just extends the font sprocket out further... maybe look into that

That discusion is on going in the GENII topic....:poke: and its a for 330.:thumbsup:

Dropped everything off at a friends shop to check everything out. The outer ring of the bearing is still in the jackshaft cog....so it looks like bearings and the outer spacer is needs. I ll know more tomorrow night. FIXING it back is #1 priority....then Ive been chatting with Roaringtoyz on their Jackshaft-LESS set up and I want to modify my arm to use. OR my 330 my be up for sale?

Info back from C&S. Im not the only one running their jackshaft on the track. Had few failures of bearings, "its the high R's and speed from the track that is doing it"??? I thought it was from hard gripping launches. They have designed new heavy bearings for the jackshaft and are sending 2 out right way:thumbsup:. Should get them maybe Monday. Said to keep running the track with it and let them know.:beerchug:

Info back from C&S. Im not the only one running their jackshaft on the track. Had few failures of bearings, "its the high R's and speed from the track that is doing it"??? I thought it was from hard gripping launches. They have designed new heavy bearings for the jackshaft and are sending 2 out right way:thumbsup:. Should get them maybe Monday. Said to keep running the track with it and let them know.:beerchug:

Good thing they are taking care of you... Be careful with your tire I think it is only speed rated to 130...

Back