Jackshaft CONVERSION to OSD

Hi guys i am new to the site !!I have a 330 osd on my 09 busa and had problems with the speedo ,sometimes it goes wild and sometimes it is ok can big rod eplain one more time if he had the some problem???.Second problem was the bearing in the side plate that was gone after 3000 miles.I think it was the one that need to support the front sprocket.The suzuki dealer changed the way the sprocket was mounted and put a stronger bearing in so lets wait and see now.And third problem:why is there no chainguard for this set my whole bike need to be un greased all the time including my clothes!!

Greets Ray (holland)

OK..now your the second PEEP I hear of the output support bearing going out. DMK had the same issue I believe. KOSMANs ( maker of the OSD design) told me very very important to adjust the plate to center bearing with the sprocket.!!!!!!! The adjustment is at the cintrifical thing in the plate that is at the arm pivot rod area. IF this was off..wonder if thats what blow the bearing over time?????
The speedo thing...yes had the issue and resolved it. THe speedo would warm up from rubbing the spinning billet end of the sprocket thing cone pocketed in the cover plate. THe speedo would go all over the place then drop to ZERO and stay..then bounce back and drop.

PULL the speedo sensor out off the OSD cover plate. At the screw holding it on ...put a washer behind it. THis spaces out the sensor just enought not to rub. No rub= no heat = no fail. Mine has been working great since I did that!:beerchug:

The chain guard. Tigerracing sells misc chain guards that mount to the flat top of arms. Many guys do this for track or LSR and they work great. BUT for me to run a chain guard I would need to space outward my passenger peg brackets. WHen I am air-ride down to park the chain is close to the bracket and a chain guard would contact it bending the gaurd its that close..other wise sure. I have the spacer from when my HMF pipes use to be up there behind the pegs. Not sure if I want to go that direction.
For chain sling...after manufacture grease is out of the chain..I use no sling chain wax. Works great when chain is cleaned and sprayed on when chain is warmed up. Best stuff ever.

WARNING for you...if you let a norm SUZUKI dealer work/ mess with the OSD..please make sure they fine adjusted the plate back on...other wise you could have bigger issues. Normal dealer have NO ideas what they are doing when it come to after market things!!!!!!!
Ok have to rest my fingers now.:laugh: MY local dealer refuses to touch the MULLET cause of all the things done to it...................

Last edited:
Well i just finished installing mine and like bigrod said i ended up putting a washer between the speed sensor and the osd plate, not one problem... I havn't put a lot of miles on mine yet but i havn't had one problem yet.... That double essentric or watever its called does have to be centered PEFFECTLY, so be carefull with other people working on your stuff ! i'll post pics in a few days.... Good luck ! P.S. I think the main problem i have is people staring too hard !!! Haha :rofl:

Well i just finished installing mine and like bigrod said i ended up putting a washer between the speed sensor and the osd plate, not one problem... I havn't put a lot of miles on mine yet but i havn't had one problem yet.... That double essentric or watever its called does have to be centered PEFFECTLY, so be carefull with other people working on your stuff ! i'll post pics in a few days.... Good luck ! P.S. I think the main problem i have is people staring too hard !!! Haha :rofl:

:laugh::thumbsup: Did you get a complete 330 kit? Lets see some pics:beerchug:

Up date note on mine: When air ride is at full hight......thu I dont ride full hight cause then I add psi for the rebound side of the cylinder that pulls the bike down in hight some. BUT at full up while adjusting the rear wheel...the chain rubs the top of my HMF can and at some time or another has rubbed the top of my underbracing. ...small groove marks. Have to keep an eye on that.

Yes i think i have to do some looking for a chrome chain guard that can be adjusted to my 330 arm but thing are differend in holland its more hard to find stuff.

I got a call tonight from THE MAN.....MR Kosman himself!
Wanted to know if I got it all installed ok and what I thought of it. We must have been on the phone for about an hour.

He wanted to let me know that he sold me the OSD kit ( witch he does not sell out right..more in a minute on that) cause I already had a 330 set up ( jackshaft ) and that I race the MULLET. Wanted the OSD on a bike that WAS jackshaft so he can get feedback on the diff of the two. I told him HELL ya...much better, balanced feel, smoother, and feels like released about 15hp from having the jackshaft. THats what he wanted to here. Asked if I had it re-dyno or at the track yet? I told him I would when he made the sale to me. THu I have not had the chance. Will be talking with *** in Frederick about that. That is where my orig custom map and tune was done.....so it will be on the exact same climate controlled dyno for the comparison.

The OSD setup is made by KOSMAN...they also make the OSD swingarm that are then sold to RoaringToys. RT puts wheels and the other parts together and sells as a complete kit. Guess its a group thing. I was the 1st to get just the OSD setup. He is thinking about marketing the OSD front set up as a conversion to those with an existing jackshaft arms!
YES...he has been getting some calls that mention BIGRODs conversion about I post on a few forum boards. Yep sent him here as we where talking he got on board to read my thread. Loved my write up...said I missed my calling, should be a service tech or technical writer.

He also wanted to check on some installation issues. There has been some OSD issues with complete kits sold by RoaringToyz....all to be an installing problem from the buyer ( also that some kits where missing the instruction sheets??). The ecentric adjuster is VERY IMPORTANT, and the stock washer on the left side of the pivot bolt is NOT to be reinstalled. I was GOOD on both of the issues.
I also spoke with him about the GenI coolant tank not working in stock location. The test bike for the design was a GenII and the mach up on a GenI was only on a drag bike ( frame and engine set up). But will include the notes of this and trimming the fairing in future sales.
Told him about the speedo sensor bugging out and that I needed to space it out with a washer between it and the OSD Plate. Said THANK YOU very much for the heads up NOTES..and will incorperate them.

He had a few other things to talk about thats new with Kosman..and is sending me an email with somethings. I then promised to return some requested info back to him. Ways to help him market the OSD conversion......one is to put it on his web-site and also put on the widening of stock wheels for fatty kits. For a second I realy thought he was going to offer me a job??????
OK this is long..but was good info.

Last edited:
Kosman does make the drive unit but the arms are made here at Roaring Toyz...looks good tho BigRod!!! Let us know how everything holds up:beerchug:

Kosman does make the drive unit but the arms are made here at Roaring Toyz...looks good tho BigRod!!! Let us know how everything holds up:beerchug:

Sorry I must have misunderstood him about the arms. He talked about how he realy likes dealing with you guys and you making it a complete kit.
Im excited to get it re dyno and see how much HP was freed up!

If you need a re-tune LMK..

Not so much a re-tune....just want to re run it on the dyno to see what I gained thru the conversion. I have not changed anything else since you custom mapped it! Hope to get with you tomorrow in person or over the phone.:beerchug:

the arm is def kosman I watched them make it while i was there getting my osd fixed.

OK,..then I heard Kosman correct about the arms.
I think KOSMAN is the ONLY one making the OSD section!
But for an OSD set up complete kit.....
Kosman if you want it with widend factory wheel...$$$ saver.
TracDynamics has a kit with their arm.....THU here in their Forum header, they say its not a good set up?????
RoaringToyz is selling kits guess their arm or Kosman arm.
BOTH have the OSD Kosman set up.

Last edited:
Not so much a re-tune....just want to re run it on the dyno to see what I gained thru the conversion. I have not changed anything else since you custom mapped it! Hope to get with you tomorrow in person or over the phone.:beerchug:
ok..

So, you change from the jackshaft due to you going to the strip right?

The 1st crapshaft bearing blow out was after 20 runs down the 1/4. Was rebuilt with heavy bearings........but I only had 4 runs down the 1/4 this year but a lot of hard street riding. AND those 4 runs where weak, very weak...had some issues elsewhere. ( was running on 3 cylinders??? that day).

If you cruize and show or do the burnout thing with the fatty youll be fine with the crapshafts, but if you ride it hard the way the king of sportbikes is to be riden.......:laugh: only matter of time before boom, bearing probs.

Hey Big Rod, what's the story on those pipes bro?
Did you pick them up from something else or what. i looked on there site and didn't see anything like that.
If you could tell me which ones they are... that is EXACTLY what i am looking for!!!
Do they sound good? thanks

Hey Big Rod, what's the story on those pipes bro?
Did you pick them up from something else or what. i looked on there site and didn't see anything like that.
If you could tell me which ones they are... that is EXACTLY what i am looking for!!!
Do they sound good? thanks

Your note going to find them anywhere. THey are my one-off build. Sound is crazy diff...like a V-twin turbo-d. Mainly due to the cut down in size of the cans and that its a 4-2 set up...NO collector ( 2-1-2 is gone). Here is a link to the work and a pic of what its was before cutting and the 330 install.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/79438-its-here-2.html

For the sound...you can go to Youtube and search "Bigrod" and you should find about 7 vids....some of me the first time at the track:beerchug:

DSCN0944.jpg

Back