300 OSD with 18 inches over on a single sided arm

sanket_420

Registered
hey everyone, before I explain whats going on I know alot of ppl on here are not big fans of a stretched wide tire busa but each to their own. Im looking to do a custom stretch on my 08 blk/orange busa. I've read about crapshafts and am looking into going with a 300 OSD single sided arm with about 16-18 stretch. Im not a canyon carver and I know its gonna suck in taking sharp corners. Im ok with it I guess. Im doing it more as a show bike. I've run into bit of a problem.. I know roaring toys is best in making the osd kits, but they only go up to 12". I was able to get someone to make a single sided 18 inch arm without the jackshaft but RT wont sell me just the OSD kit. bummer.. any kind of help/advice is always greatly appreciated form the org. Feel free to ask questions or shed some light if you can. thanks in advance.

RT is all about custom, did you ask why they wouldn't make an 18 over arm with their OSD it maybe a safety thing.

yea act. they said their machine that does the custom cut is not capable fo taking a block bigger then the block used to cut out a 12 over. I really did want to get an arm from them as they are the best in osd. Hopefully Im able to figure something out with this as I really want to go this route.

yea I had my shop call them and that's what RT said to them, Im gonna see if I can get in touch with someone there myself or someone on here from RT that can help me out or work with me. Only reason Im trying to get this rolling asap is cuz even on the 12 inch arm RT said it will take 4-6 MONTHS.. holy moly.. I wanna have the bike ready up n running by the time spring rolls around.

yea I had my shop call them and that's what RT said to them, Im gonna see if I can get in touch with someone there myself or someone on here from RT that can help me out or work with me. Only reason Im trying to get this rolling asap is cuz even on the 12 inch arm RT said it will take 4-6 MONTHS.. holy moly.. I wanna have the bike ready up n running by the time spring rolls around.

most companies have a pretty good wait on their arms, with it being winter everyone is ordering for winter builds like you.

like you said id talk to them yourself and see what they say. they may not sell just the kits so they dont lose the business on the arms, but if you can get the arm you want from them they should help you, i would think anyway. pretty bad customer service if they wont sell you what you want. on a side note you could always go the more expensive route of ordering their full kit and having another arm built how you want it.

i would at least talk to kosman if RT wont sell you just the kit.

They say there's no stupid questions so I'll ask one.

What's 'osd'?

Hope you get it figured out.

UPDATE: so called Roaring Toyz earlier today and no go on just the OSD kit, also the person I spoke with said the longest is 10" on the single sided OSD arm they can make. If I wanted just the OSD kit I would have to buy the arm and OSD kit together for $3000 AS they will not sell me just the kit. :banghead::banghead: Seriously what the *** am I gonna do with an extra arm thats of no use to me. :cursin:

yes that was going to be my next call today, but got tied up with work and didnt get around to it. Will be calling them tomorow and see if I can get this rolling. Screw the S.O.B's trying to rip ppl off.

contact Josh at Ballz.They can have any length arm made.Not sure if they do a single sided arm or the OSD yet but he may be able to help

Already ordered the arm wheels and all the bling for it.. 18 over tubular single sided arm no jackshaft 18 in Alien wheels front and back 300 tire. Air FX polished air ride... the arm and wheels gonna take 6-8 weeks to come in. The OSD kit should be ready in 3-4 weeks.. hopefully a couple weeks more to put it all together and ready to ride.

Already ordered the arm wheels and all the bling for it.. 18 over tubular single sided arm no jackshaft 18 in Alien wheels front and back 300 tire. Air FX polished air ride... the arm and wheels gonna take 6-8 weeks to come in. The OSD kit should be ready in 3-4 weeks.. hopefully a couple weeks more to put it all together and ready to ride.

where did you end up getting the osd from?

Ridgeway - got the osd from Kosman but had to go through a few hoops to get it as they would not sell it to me directly. ETA on the OSD is 4 weeks and the arm is 6-8 weeks.

Lankee - The single sided arm from all thing chrome is nice but comes with a jackshaft and its not the tubular style I was looking for. C&S is making the arm for me the way I want it minus the jackshaft. Arm is going to come in raw finish as a chain tensioner will be mounted to the arm and everything fitted on the bike and then the arm is going out for powder coating. Wheels are rc component alien chrome wheels. 18's front and rear with a 300 tire. As far as the air ride its going to come from air fx but still deciding if I want to add the instant up option or spend the extra and get the micro button switch...

so any updates? i havent seen a 300 osd kit yet so would love 2 see how this looks and whether or not ur notching the frame or anything.

Sanket, I was in the same boat as you before I went ahead and got my 360 C&S Single Sided Swingarm with Jackshaft. The OSD idea is cool but if you look at the arm where it connects to the frame and suspension of the bike it's eye sore. There is hugh open gap at the bottom of the swingarm and some type of added support which looks out of place. I was going to do the OSD 330 by Roaring Toys but after looking at detailed pictures you will see how flawed the arm is. Also you have to add that ugly plastic piece that goes over the chain in the front. When it comes to Single Sided Swingarms, I don't think any company is better than C&S. Hope this helps. I would say forget the 300 and go 360 but if you are stuck on the 300 go C&S my friend. I have no jackshaft problems and I top my bike out all the time.

Sanket, I was in the same boat as you before I went ahead and got my 360 C&S Single Sided Swingarm with Jackshaft. The OSD idea is cool but if you look at the arm where it connects to the frame and suspension of the bike it's eye sore. There is hugh open gap at the bottom of the swingarm and some type of added support which looks out of place. I was going to do the OSD 330 by Roaring Toys but after looking at detailed pictures you will see how flawed the arm is. Also you have to add that ugly plastic piece that goes over the chain in the front. When it comes to Single Sided Swingarms, I don't think any company is better than C&S. Hope this helps. I would say forget the 300 and go 360 but if you are stuck on the 300 go C&S my friend. I have no jackshaft problems and I top my bike out all the time.

Think the only people that I have heard complaining about the jackshafts were the drag racers. Some of the fat tired guys like to run them hard and fast and complained about them. The OSD was supposed to be more reliable and loose less hp from fat tire kits when being beat on at the strip.

so any updates? i havent seen a 300 osd kit yet so would love 2 see how this looks and whether or not ur notching the frame or anything.

Just talk to my shop this morning the OSD should be arriving this week. Kossman said 4 weeks and we're running 4th week right now, as far as the rest of the kit we're 4th week in out of the 6-8 weeks C&S said so gotta hang in there another 3-4 weeks before I can start breaking someones balls :lol:

I've heard and read about some crapshafts popping and how they always need adjusting and re-alinging and Im not a mechaninc and would really mess that up and make it worse hence I went with a OSD single sided arm. Yes the arm is coming from C&S, a few ppl I spoke to said the same thing you did.I personally will never give any business to RT as they tried to rip me off. Also if you're reffering to the open space between the front of the rear tire and the frame Im planning on mounting 2 chrome tanks there one for air ride and one nos. Prob. get around to ordering the tanks, air ride, and nos kit sometimes next week when I get a chance to go by the shop. Will update as things come along.

Back