Jackshaft CONVERSION to OSD

Thanks alot bro... That is a badass look. I've been looking everywhere for it and realized just a few days ago that i would most likely have to do it myself... thanks for tips bro.

Also, having a real hard time finding just mufflers w/o the pipes (probably cheaper if i can find them by themselves...) Any ideas???
Thanks

Also, having a real hard time finding just mufflers w/o the pipes (probably cheaper if i can find them by themselves...) Any ideas???
Thanks

What the HMFs? I would NOT do my type of set up to a stock header! The dia. and material is diff and prob cause modding issues. Way do all this work and have only half the out come? I seen a full HMF used system for sale somewhere for think $850?

I have scheduled dyno runs at HPC for Monday. Greg did my orig custom map and I have NOT done any performance mods since so this should be a good compairison Jackshaft to OSD. Im betting 10-15 HP was free-ed up?

I have scheduled dyno runs at HPC for Monday. Greg did my orig custom map and I have NOT done any performance mods since so this should be a good compairison Jackshaft to OSD. Im betting 10-15 HP was free-ed up?
If it breaks...you buy lunch.. :laugh:

Looks like a clean set up. I think I'd like that better than the dual chains.

I'd be interested to know just how much HP that setup robs? Did you by any chance do a dino run before introducing the fat tire kit?

Does anyone know approximately how much HP it takes to pull the fatty?

Looks like a clean set up. I think I'd like that better than the dual chains.

I'd be interested to know just how much HP that setup robs? Did you by any chance do a dino run before introducing the fat tire kit?

Does anyone know approximately how much HP it takes to pull the fatty?

I wish I did do a before fatty dyno, but NO. With the mods I have done and what #s we got out of it with the 330 jackshaft...its expect to steel 20-25HP out of the bike. Im hoping for 15hp back now that the jackshaft dual chain set up is gone. IT sure feels like that now by the seat of my pants feel:laugh:. We will see on Monday:thumbsup: After the new dyno runs...Ill post the Jackshaft 330 chart vs the OSD 330 chart.

Just back from dyno with Greg at HPC...:thumbsup: He took the extra time to clean and touch up my map too.

SAE
Jackshaft : 146.57 hp w/ 87.17 torgue
vs
OSD : 150.99 hp w/ 88.04 torgue

STD
jackshaft : 150.32 hp w/ 89.41 torgue
vs
OSD : 154.72 hp w/ 90.21 torgue

SAE OSD gain of 4.42 HP w/ .98 torgue
STD OSD gain of 4.4 HP w/ .8 torgue

All in all....not as much as I was expecting or hoping for, but ITS AGAIN.:thumbsup:

Great working with you today. I hope the custom map to go with the extra miles you have put on the bike helps. FREE to a good guy. Ride safe brother!

For those that have been following my OSD upgrade at other places..here is an up date:
There is an upgrade to all OSD kits..it replaces the alum center hub of the sprocket with a new steel hub, and also a new HD bearing for its support. The bearing swap was no sweat. Getting the old alum hub out....what a big bish do. Contacted RoaringToyz....who had contacted me first about the free upgrade, told them that I could NOT get the old hub out. Said most come out no issue, BUT 2 out of 10...have to get mutalated to get them out. Well Im 1 of those 2. I tried vise gribs, heat, ect..but could not get it out but a 1/8 inch.
Pics of the new part and pics of the old one getting mutalated.

Up-gradeA.jpg

DSC00605A.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

Why the upgrade? The old alum style hub is being found to heat up and warp causing issues with the bearing and ect.

Well after giving up on this for about 2-3 months, been playing with the turbo build. I thought time to get back at it so its done for the fire up of the turbo.

I had a victorious day. The old OSD hub is out! Two hours with a 4inch grinder with a cut wheel, a 2inch hole saw on a drill, 2 screwdrivers with now broken tips....and its now ready for the new up-grade hub.

I cut off the smaller outer center of the hub with the cutting grinder. Used the hole saw drill, 2inch is perfect...fits right inside the steel off set sprocket. Use screwdrivers, working at as if a clock...at 10 min incraments, pry out the hub........

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

Started the final phase of the conversion. Welding on a cover where the crapshaft use to be...then sending the arm for repowder coating.

pic #1 the MULLET shaved BOLD
pic #2 before the work.

Have to wait for the AFTER.:laugh:

somehow I managed to miss this whole threa until now. Great write up Rod, very good info on it. You should have gotten some free stuff for all the feedback you were able to give Kosman.

That poor little hub, it looks as dead as the guy on the cardboard:laugh:

somehow I managed to miss this whole threa until now. Great write up Rod, very good info on it. You should have gotten some free stuff for all the feedback you were able to give Kosman.

That poor little hub, it looks as dead as the guy on the cardboard:laugh:

LOL.... the target was from the Wifes monthly certifications ( she let me use one that was not so good):laugh:.
As for Kosman, he knows I have future plans and is wanting to help me out on the $$$ side of things. When I go indoors on my motor next winter ( turbo upgrades ) Ill need a new OSD sprocket to fit a HD output shaft.
Im not Sure...but I think RoaringToyz and Kosman point peep here to read my right up on the OSD install.:thumbsup:

On schedule!
Welding was done Sunday
bearings pulled out today..new ordered
Powder Coater expecting it tomorrow and ready for a three day turn around:cheerleader:

Back