How do i use the front handy stand?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
My back surgery is scheduled for March 25.

I won't be able to push, twist, pull, etc., for a long while, and I don't want to get flat spots on my tires. I want to put the bike up on both Handy stands, but I've never used the front stand.

Can you tell me the steps to put the bike up on both stands?

My back surgery is scheduled for March 25.

I won't be able to push, twist, pull, etc., for a long while, and I don't want to get flat spots on my tires. I want to put the bike up on both Handy stands, but I've never used the front stand.

Can you tell me the steps to put the bike up on both stands?
It depends on what kind of stand you have.

First and most importantly, the bike must be on the rear stand first. Always use the rear stand first.

If you have a stand that attaches to the fork tubes near front axle, line it up and push the handle down. If you have one that attaches to the lower fork yoke, then you figure out which pin fits the hole in your yoke, install it in the lift. Stick that end of the left between the space above your fender and under your nose, insert pin in yoke and push the handle down to lift. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Just remember to have it on the rear stand first.

Rear stand first. That's the part I needed to know I think. I'll get a couple of people to stand by, just in case.

Edit: Thanks!

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140125809 -->

I forgot to mention to, if you have the kind that uses the fork yoke, AND you are lowered in the front, it'll be difficult to get it between the fender and nose.

Good luck!

I have Handy stands...sounds like you have a good idea about what you need to do. Handy stands go into the bottom of the fork tubes.

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to get some pics up.

Up on the rear stand ready to go...

On_Rearstand.jpg

After the rear stand is up, put the front stand up SLOWLY!!! The little nipples on the stand can slip off the forks if you go too fast.

After the bike is up on both stands, I like to rock the handlebars "ever so gently" just to make sure the front stand is seated in the forks.
smile.gif

Placement of the stand under the front fork tubes. Make sure you get the point of the stands centered in the hole under the forks. This alignment is critical, if you are off the stand can/will slip off one or both sides. I personally check then double check before I lift.

Placement.jpg

Lift and pivot the stand under the forks.  The tricky part is you will actually be rolling on the wheels of the stand to pivot it under the bike, since the bike won't move sitting on the rear stand.  Keep the stand steady and the wheel straight.  After it's up, the stand should be firmly seated in the fork tube...

<!--EDIT|flynjay
Reason for Edit: "Forgot the pic..."|1140132767 -->

On_Stand_Closeup.jpg

Thanks everyone, especially for the pics. I will leave my bike up like this for the duration. I think once I have it really secured, I can start it once a week and let it run a while.

Or you could just find some well meaning local Busa rider to take er out and blow the cob webs out of her now and then! Just jokin! Get well soon!

You can check this thread...

or...

This one may help too...

If none of these answer your questions, post-up and I'll put some pics together. Will have to wait for daylight
wink.gif

Back