How do I get my bike to wheelie?

2FST4U

Registered
I know this is probably a really stupid question but I have a 01 Busa that I just got last week. Before that I had an 08 R6S. On my R6 I would just have to give it alot of gas then get off it for a second and give it alot of gas again and it would wheelie. When I try and do a power wheelie on the busa I just spin my back tire? The only thing that I have doen to the Busa is lower in 1 1/2 inches on the front and back.

most would advise u 2 get more comfortable b4 stuntin.

what gearing to u run? stock is 17 40. mine is 17 43 and i have 2 watch it. she comes up pretty easy. 16 43 would probably come up if u looked at the throttle. do a search and be safe. best case senario u jack up your forks and clutch worst case well....

Well changing the gearing would be one option another would be to raise her back up most people that lower their bikes do it to prevent wheelie's. Also to power wheelie you do just like you did on your R6 the stock Busa's only really tend to wheelie in 1-3 gear after that they want to take off like rockets. Their is a 3rd option though you can get yourself a Turbo and most turbo Busa's will wheelie in all gears. Enough on wheelie tips though please wear your gear and keep the wheelie's to a minimum on the public roads please so you do not endanger anyone else besides yourself. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Busa lowered 1.5" isn't gonna like being wheelied very much.....you might bust your front fender or nose fairing. :whistle:

Even when I lowered my 750 it didn't come much without using the clutch. But on the other hand I dropped like .4 of a second off my 60ft. Not trying to be off the topic, just trying to give you an idea how much difference it makes.

Side note with the power delivery and wheel base of the R6 made it a good bit easier then a lowered, heavier, longer bike.

mine is lowered maybe 3/4 inch im runing 17/43 gears mine wheelies all the time and i dont have to rev let off the rev again it just powers up, and i weigh 200#s

oh did i mention my tires are super sticky ultra soft shinko's

Last edited:
Not advised with your existing setup but if you insist on trying then drop your rear tire pressure. Should help eliminate the wheel slippage and will actually help with balance when on one wheel. Just don't forget to you've taken air out on your next ride.

Back