How did you learn to ride???

Started on a CB900F, I learned real quick to stay over the front on hard/fast starts or I'd be wearing the bike as a neck tie. That bike was pulled out from under me on one of the bridges in Jax, FL. Landed on my feet and ran off the side of the road.

I have not had a smaller bike since then. I have ridden quite a few smaller ones and everone says I abuse them, so I'll stick to the big bore's.

Glad you're hubby was understanding about the Busa...
cool.gif

cool.gif
Nice Camaro...

My Harley was 500 lbs too...the Busa felt lighter and much easier to control...I realized instantly that I'd been riding the wrong bike all along!
laugh.gif

I love speed as well, though I don't race on the track...I have one of those Mustangs you routinely beat, but I still love it...it's heavier than the coupe because it's a convertible, but it's got some extra horsepower here and there (some legal, some not) and is fun as hell on a nice summer day...

My poor car is 10 yrs old!
sad.gif
I think I need one of the new ones...
cool.gif

me_forMike.jpg

cool.gif

cool.gif

I think us having heavy bikes did make the busa more comfortable. My car is also a conv and is a 1995.,got alot in common
biggrin.gif
And don't get me wrong I am very safe on the road, I have two kids to think about. But I grew up watching races on TV and just love to hear the motors. So when I had the need for speed I took it to the track. I don't claim to be a racer, I just love to rev that baby and go.. Let's see if we have one more thing in common,LOL. I have watch Gone in 60 Seconds a hundred times!! I love that Eleanor...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I think us having heavy bikes did make the busa more comfortable. My car is also a conv and is a 1995.,got alot in common  
biggrin.gif
And don't get me wrong I am very safe on the road, I have two kids to think about. But I grew up watching races on TV and just love to hear the motors. So when I had the need for speed I took it to the track. I don't claim to be a racer, I just love to rev that baby and go.. Let's see if we have one more thing in common,LOL. I have watch Gone in 60 Seconds a hundred times!! I love that Eleanor...
biggrin.gif
Oh, I would LOVE to have Eleanor!!

We do have a lot in common...two kids, "race cars" LOL

Busas...you've got me on the track time though! I love to watch drag racing, but I'd have a heart attack waiting for that light to change!
laugh.gif

Here you go...you'd look good in it...
smile.gif

Eleanor.jpg

biggrin.gif

And I didn't realize your Camaro was a convertible...very nicely fitted top...
cool.gif

What a great read-- Cool for the guy at 16 gets a brand new Honda CB750. And the Lady's who ride Busa's-
I just rememberd my very first motorized 2 wheel experiance--- In Sweden staying at the farm house my Mom was born in. Very small village--- I was walking around bored to tears----I see this kid going down a hill in a home made type wooden car. He invites over to his house-- Ah Ha-- i see some old 150cc lightweight MC. Hmmm i ask does it run-- He say's NO !!!
Please i beg let me see what i can do-----with it.
Spec's
#1 No exhaust system-- open port 2 cycle
#2 No throttle housing-- just the bare wire coming out of the top of the carb.
#3 No kick starter
OK lets put some gas in it and i give him a push---Braaaap Braaap away he goes steering with one hand and pulli'n on the wire. Ohhh-- MY Turn---I'm ON MY WAY---ride down the dirt road to my moms house-- pull onto the lawn and crash into the ditch-- Mom screaming on the porch..I was OK
Hooked ever since  
smile.gif
I was 13 btw.

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132676048 -->

1974 - 8 years old - Honda QA50
1984 - 18 years old - MSF beginner rider's course - Kawi LTD440
1989 - college graduation - Harley FXRS
2005 - Middle age - Hayabusa!

(and about a dozen other bikes in-between)

**I have taken the MSF Advanced Rider's Course 4 times over the years. - Also, I've never crashed.**

Cool topic, very entertaining. My first bike was a 1980 Honda CB650. I was about 22 and purchased it out of the local pennysaver for $450. With no riding experience whatsoever, bought it and rode it home through residential streets. Lucky me - no accident. Owned it for about 2 months (put about 150 miles on it)... long enough to get a motorcycle license. The bike and riding in general scared the sh#t out of me, so I got rid of it before I ended up dead. Fast forward 11 years... went through a divorce, suddenly got the itch to get a speed bike. Was looking to spend about $3000 for a small gsxr or nija, but ended up with a slighty used Hayabusa. I really consider the Busa as my first REAL bike since the last one was basically used to learn how to ride.

The Busa also scared the sh#t out me... but in a different way. Also, the idea of being on a wide open road around cars and trucks freaked me out too! I figured that if I was still scared after a couple of hundred miles, I would get rid of it. Thank goodness my fear went away
biggrin.gif
Now I feel comfortable enough to Drag Race it!
smile.gif

1980 Honda CT70 (neighbors bike) going round and round around the house on the grass until there was no more.
Then my father bought me a Suzuki Rv125 (mini trail) 1975

1975_RV125M_red_500.jpg

This is some good reading. How we all got here..Thanks guys for sharing ya stories..

And yes Michelle my car is white on white very hard to keep clean... Yeah got to love Eleanor, but me being a chevy girl I couldn't have her,LOL.. My dream car is 69 camaro, their is a guy at the track with a bad azz one who runs 9s...

Mom said no motorcycle while you are living at MY house!

So at 18, I moved out, and bought a used Sportster (back when they were 1000cc)  I can't even remember what year it was - guessing 72 - 74 - it was an AMF bike back then.   Took the motorcycle license test on it and passed.  Only dropped it once.  At full lean, scrapin' the highway peg, on the outside edge of a blacktop road at about 60 mph.  Right at the apex of the curve was in intersection with a gravel road.  Yep, gravel kicked up all over the black top.  Back tire started to go, stood the bike up, hard on both brakes, and rode it into the ditch.  Kicked away from it as it went airborne, slid along on my face for awhile, then on my elbow.  Bike landed in the ditch with the throttle buried in the dirt, twisted to WFO, the engine still running and the back tire spinning.  Got up, and as I ran towards the bike, I thought, "Gee, I might be in shock and be running on two broken ankles".  Dove at the kill switch, got up, not too much bleeding, found the seat over the fence about 3 rows deep in the cornfield, slightly bent forks, toe shift peg gone, rode it into town.

Sold it a couple years later after getting married and having a kid.   I swore to myself that I would get another bike someday, and each spring I would die a little when I saw the first bikes on the road.  That was 20 some years ago, and last year, I bought a brand new 04 black and purple.  I've always been a "go big or stay home" kinda guy...

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132685719 -->

Busa_001_4_2_05.jpg

Believe it or not I learned to ride on an 88 GSXR750. I had read alot of books on motorcycle riding and read every magazine that I could get my hand on as well as my uncle rode at the time and showed me how to ride. After lots of practice and constant riding, I did pretty good. Then I went and got my Class M.
smile.gif

DS 80..then other "hand me downs".  Didn't get first street bike until I was 21 (GSXR 600).....the price is right for insurance now and the Hayabusa is next
biggrin.gif
  See ya'll in a couple months

<!--EDIT|eerriicc711
Reason for Edit: "can't type for ****"|1132694531 -->

Back