How did you learn to ride.

My very first motorcycle ride was when I took the MSF class in 2005. I was 38 yrs old at that time. Two months after that, I bought a used 2001 R1 as a first bike. I put more than 47K miles on it in less than 2 years then I sold it and bought the Busa.:thumbsup:

My first ride was on a suzuki dr200 ( i think ) at the MSF course. I loved it, a month later I bought a :laugh: wildfire 200cc duel sport. went from that to a zuk GS 500 . that was a great bike. from that to my Busa. on two wheels for around 7 years now.:thumbsup:

Bought a new Honda with my fathers help I was 16 . He rode it to country from dealer then I rode it around . Next day rode it to HS and was hit by a car. Minor damage to me and bike. My mother said bike goes . My father went and bought him a new Honda and said we would ride together . That was late summer 1962 Been riding pretty much ever since.

First thing with a motor was a 4hp mini bike when I was around 13. Rode it all over the dirt roads around my house. It lasted about a year and I didn't ride again until I was 18 and bought an old 250 2 stroke 'Zuk street bike. Learned to ride for real on it. Miles and miles of barely traveled back country 2 lane was the training ground. You see some of those same roads in my videos.

i decided i wanted to start riding. i bought a fairly cheap bike, an 83 suzuki 650 tempter. the guy i bought it from showed me where the clutch, brakes, throttle was, had him ride it to my house a couple miles away. i started riding around my neighborhood until i felt comfortable riding it on the main roads.

I bought a DT175 back in 1979, started riding around the mountains in N. Idaho and got hooked on 2 wheels. Rode motocross and cross country for a few years with some success then joined the AF and got married. (sold my 1970 SCJ Mach 1 too..dumba$$!) Always wanted a nice street bike but life got in the way. Fast forward a couple of decades, divorced and kids grown and gone. I saw a 96' Triumph Daytona 1200 for sale and grabbed it. Rode it home carefully. I put about 150 miles on it getting used to it then decided to see what had. 147hp stock, a couple of mods and this one should be around 160 crank and I was disappointed. 6 months later I bought a 2000 Busa' and have been building it up since. The current build should be at least 200rwhp and if that isn't enough then a turbo will have to make an appearance.

Grew up in rural south. Anything 50cc and under did not require a liscense. Dad bought me a honda sport 50 when i was 9 y/o.He was remotely familiar with motorcycles from being in wwII. He took me on a back road and said this is the gas, this is the clutch and this is the brake, and cut me loose. It helped a lot that i had been driving trucks and tractors around the farm since I was seven. Those were the days.

I was on vacation with my mom at 18, (Jacksonville, Fl) I wanted a mc but wasn't really looking nor did I know how to ride. We stopped by a Honda dealer in Miami, saw a 250cc Nighthawk used, bought it and was forced to ride it back to jacksonville, the long way lol! I was so affraid to hit 45 and 50mph lol!

It was nic e to get home

Started out on a Sears 4HP mini bike at the age of 12, moved up to a Kawasaki KD100 (First and last Kawi I owned) then a Yamaha DT100, then it went to RM's. When I turned 18 I bought a brand new 1990 Suzuki GSXR750 had it delivered to my door. Took my driving test on it and it went from there....

My Dad who's now gone bought me my first bike when I was old enough for an Alberta license. You had to be 14 but you couldn't ride anything bigger than 100cc until you turned 16. He taught me in the gravel back ally of our urban home. I'd never driven any type of standard transmission vehicle. Once one of my fondest memories of my Dad. I worked for a local pharmacy delivering prescriptions to shut-ins after school and on weekends 12 months of the year through sleet, snow and -40 temps. Gas was 49cents a gallon then.

~Bill

1973 Honda CL-70.jpg

How did I learn how to ride? I jumped on and hit the road. Went down several times on the old Honda Express 50 before I was even old enough for a license, but only once since then. I'm still learning. The day I think I've got it all figured out, somebody needs to take my keys away.

Here's all the bikes I've owned from the first at age 12 to my current ride at age 28...

Honda_NC50_1982.jpg

Suzuki-Marauder-VZ800-CAM.jpg

honda 919.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

All Dressed Up-3.jpg

Back