How did you learn to ride???

Learned on my 2002 GSXR600. I didn't even know how to shift when I jumped on it... Never Dropped

oldlove.JPG

tounge.gif
Me, I am 57 and my first bike was a CUSHMAN EAGLE
eek2.gif
!!! If anyone here knows what that was  
xblueman.gif
, and man did all those 8 horses really make me think I was something  
race.gif

Learned on a friends Kawasaki Ninja 250 back in 96.. thought that was the fastest thing on two wheels.. then in mid 2000 got my first bike .. a 92 GSXR 1100 (not stock) fun fun fun sold it after a few months .. and then in December 2003 bought a new 03' SV1000S had that till Feburary 2005 .. got the Busa after i sold the SV .. and loved it ever since..

super old little kawasaki mini-bike with an automatic tranny. somewhat like those new "pocket bikes" is kind of how I remember it, only pretty old and well used...and FUGLY! but hella fun for a little kid that day and age, like 1982.

"...first time you got on a motorcycle and what happened??"

I think I'm cheating here. Learned to lap drive cars at age 6, so I knew how to steer. Built a mini bike, and road it a few times. Took the throttle off the mini, put it on a lawnmower that had this lever to engage the wheels. So I'd do the lawn with the throttle and clutch. Lawn had a lot of skid mark patches.
Dad went to visit a friend in some sand wash? His friend asked me if I wanted to ride his bike? I think I was 14? I want to say it was a 250 Honda Scrambler? When I came back, the guy asked me if I ever rode a bike before? I said that was the first time ever. He said it looks like I rode before.
So yeah, first two wheel vehicle I say...... was a lawnmower.

I think it was called a chibi 50. Used to fly up and down the dirt roads with it at 5yrs old. That's when pops had a sweet vw bug that the heat barely worked in. We lived in VT.
smile.gif

Better story. Decided to teach the wife (girl friend at the time) how to ride my one year old ninja 600. I could have picked a better parking lot than the chuch which had a cemetary behind it. I was sitting on the back and we took off slowly- she increased the speed - panicked - held the trottle in that spot until I could reach to grab the front brake and stuff the bike into the tarmac about 10' from the cemetary fence. She hasn't tried again since then but is itching to now. I'm not 19 now and a bit smarter so she'll go to bike school this go around.
smile.gif

smile.gif

1983 or 84 suzuki 490 Enduro I believe it was...Im 33 now, dont know how old I was than. Anyhow, the bike had more snort than I knew what to do with, but my cousin who was 10 years older than me and raced MX pro thought it would be a great starter bike for me. I spent 2 1/2 long months over the summer with this beast, and my right calf muscle still has an imprint in it from trying to kick that beast over~~~mucho compression for a little kid to kick over.

Im really shocked I didnt kill myself on that thing, my 96 YZ250 didnt hold a candle to it in raw power...atleast what I can rember of the old Suzuki. I love to chase those big jack-rabbits through the fields for several miles on that thing, and whats even crazyer is I use to strap my loaded .22 rifle to my back whil I rode. I figgured if I couldnt run the fast buggers over, I would shoot them
biggrin.gif

I didnt truly respect that bike until I launced myself over a rail road crossing at about 60 on the thing...welll actually it wasnt a crossing, it was a ditch about 10 feet deep on each side of the rail road tracks...thought it would make an excellent jump...that was until I came-to with the bike ontop of me leaking gas, I was pinned underneath the bike with my back on old railroad ties. I took things a little slower for the next week, but as soon as I could race them North Dakota trains down the plowed fields I was back at it, just with a lot more respect for what Is and what IS NOT a good jump
wink.gif

Started on my Dad's '79 Suzuki RM400, old wicked bike that one.  Then three years ago I bought a '97 GSX-R600, my first street bike.  Never did lay it down.  Then about a month ago I got the '05 Busa, black/grey, the fastest color.  We'll see how it goes come spring.  
tounge.gif

Back