How did a word I posted turn into a link to the company?

:tantrum:

Ok so back to the original question which a simple answer could solve... :whistle:

I just wanna know how or what made it happen, that's all.

Cool!!!!! :29:

ebay

Hey WTH didn't work for me gamestop :badpc: my autolinker is broken

Oh there it goes it takes time :laugh: :goodboy: maybe I find a work around for my peeps :laugh:

g a m e s t o p lets see if this works all you have to do is type between everysingle word you write in a post :poke: :rofl:

Or maybe a - between... lets see... testing... testing...

e-bay game-stop :laugh:

Ok back to the original ?
It is probably for the site to get more clicks:dunno:

I know they are more words that get auto link, maybe I try them here:laugh:

its all explained pretty quickly by hovering on the link... it says link added by viglink... knowing this and nothing more i can guess that viglink is or is owned by an advertising firm, companies register with them to have the word ebay or gamestop ... lets try a few more ebgames futureshop future shop bestbuy best buy apple... anyway, they register these words, then viglink gives forums and other websites money to have thier wordfilter put up the links... its all just advertising... i dont see the big deal about it

its all explained pretty quickly by hovering on the link... it says link added by viglink... knowing this and nothing more i can guess that viglink is or is owned by an advertising firm, companies register with them to have the word ebay or gamestop ... lets try a few more ebgames futureshop future shop bestbuy best buy apple... anyway, they register these words, then viglink gives forums and other websites money to have thier wordfilter put up the links... its all just advertising... i dont see the big deal about it

Makes two of us, don't see why anyone would care.

Makes two of us, don't see why anyone would care.

I care just for the fact that it altering user submitted content, which is a tad more invasive than the standard ads. Also, as Warchild mentioned, it kinda makes it look like the poster added those links. So it leaves some members with choices - stay and work with ads, lurk and don;t contribute, or leave.

On the other hand, if it's making Cap Mo Money, then that's all good too - as a webmaster that is making bucks tends to keep sites in tip top shape and keep them running well. Just covering the bills isn't enough to keep putting your heart into something like this, has to be some left over :thumbsup:

Me, I'll suck it up and deal with it, as Cap runs a great, well moderated, forum here. And in the long run, if's Caps a happy, we're a happy!

Back