How did a word I posted turn into a link to the company?

I guess you can just click on the word in my first post rather than the link to see what I mean as it is now a link?

So how does that happen Cap?
If I type the name of other companies will they as well automatically become links?

Lemme see.... Redbox .....

That didn't work either?

So what's so special about GameStop and not redbox or blockbuster Cap?

I really object to this.... I know it's all for $$$ for the forum, but this is crap for the following reason: if I wanted to make something a link, I would do that, no problem. And in fact, I do make links all the time, just like a lot of forum members.

But now people can get easily confused reading a post that has links in that the author didn't put there.

I realize it's insidious.... it's just a link, right? Thing is... I didn't put it there, and I don't want folks thinking a link so some commercial entity is something *I* put in there. If I wanted a word in my post to be a link, I would make it one. I object to my posts being modified after I post it. Yeah, I know one can "hover" over a link to see the ALT tag says "link added by Skimworks", or "Viglink", whatever... that's not the point.

So is there an easy fix to this? You bet there is...... a simple CSS change that I implore you to do, Doug:

Simply don't make the revenue-generating link look like a link that members make. Simple. Instead of a blue link.... make it a green link, link this: Linky-link

Seriously, Cap.... make this change, please! :please:

I'm not objecting or complaining and too simple minded to care.
Just curious how it happened? Used to have to put www. In front to make it a link.
Also what is so special about GameStop and not the other two I listed as those did not turn into links?

I really object to this.... I know it's all for $$$ for the forum, but this is crap for the following reason: if I wanted to make something a link, I would do that, no problem. And in fact, I do make links all the time, just like a lot of forum members.

But now people can get easily confused reading a post that has links in that the author didn't put there.

I realize it's insidious.... it's just a link, right? Thing is... I didn't put it there, and I don't want folks thinking a link so some commercial entity is something *I* put in there. If I wanted a word in my post to be a link, I would make it one. I object to my posts being modified after I post it. Yeah, I know one can "hover" over a link to see the ALT tag says "link added by Skimworks", or "Viglink", whatever... that's not the point.

So is there an easy fix to this? You bet there is...... a simple CSS change that I implore you to do, Doug:

Simply don't make the revenue-generating link look like a link that members make. Simple. Instead of a blue link.... make it a green link, link this: Linky-link

Seriously, Cap.... make this change, please! :please:

Is this really, I mean really something your going to complain about?

Yes, it is really objectionable to have my posts altered after I post it...

It should take about 20 seconds to make a small CSS tweak.... please?

Yes, it is really objectionable to have my posts altered after I post it...

It should take about 20 seconds to make a small CSS tweak.... please?

Nothing is 20 seconds.... Im not changing it.

There are TONS of websites and forums that have done this very thing... The best answer would be for you to not post links... That takes zero seconds..

Last edited:
Glad that was explained. I was worried that I had another click thru virus. I have been running all sorts of virus scans thru Avast.

Back