After 1 year 5 months 14 days I finally moved into the house.

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I can't believe it.. After almost 1 1/2 years I finally moved into my house. Below are the post that I have made as things progressed. Just a quick refresher if you don't want to reread everything. :rofl:
When I was facing layoffs at work I sold my last house and moved in with my parents. After I got laid off and then recalled I started looking for a new house which took about a year. On 8/4/07 I finally found what I was looking for but it needed some work. I put an offer on it and a month later we closed and it was mine. I started working on it on my weekends and the deeper I got into it the more work it needed. Go figure :banghead: I had all the ceilings sanded smooth and re mudded. I had to fix a leak around one of my sky lights which turned out to be a rotted board on the roof. The water heater had leaked while the house was vacant which got under the hardwoods, (found them to be glued to the concrete foundation, what a pain in the back side to get them up). Had a NASTY oder that filled the house and I really hoped that would go away when I pulled up the carpet. Nope it got worse. There was a very nasty pet stain that had soaked into the sub floor and got under an inside wall. That meant cutting the bottom board off the wall in 2 foot sections and replacing the sub floor under it without the wall falling on my head. I had to repaint every wall in the house(still not done :whistle: ) I had all the carpets replaced, I tiled the downstairs entry area(where water heater killed the hardwoods. I built a closet inclosure around my water heat and furnace which really cleaned up the laundry room. I had to recover from a tree falling on the corner of the house.
I still have a lot of little things to do but now that I live here that will be easier to get them done. I should have been moved in a long time ago but with everything that I had to do to the place, all my mixed emotions about buying this place in the first place, personal problems with mom and dad, getting their trips out of the way(I was dog sitting while they were gone) and 100 other things that just kept coming up(it rained every weekend of mine for the past month) I finally made it over and moved in tonight. :cheerleader:
For the latest pics and progress click on the last link

Original post from when I put an offer on it. 8/4/07
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/70685-put-offer-house.html
Second post from when the offer was accepted and got better pics of it. 9/4/07
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/71100-i-got-house.html
Last post was made showing an update to all things getting done. 4/4/08
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/84001-house-update.html

congrats, i know this has got to be a happy day for you...it really turned out nice :beerchug:

You forgot to install the lift in the garage.. :laugh:
It looks like it is going to be a great place to live. :beerchug:

Congrats!

Two words: Home Warranty.

Keep us posted!

--Wag--

wow, and I thought I was doing good to redo my kitchen... that is amazing...

The inside of the house looks really modern too, guessing you had to do some major work on that look? nice job!

from the pics it looks like a very nice house and looks like the work it took was well worth it. Congrats on getting to where you are, I would say closer to the end but we homeowners know there is never an end to it. :beerchug:

Back