The biggest lesson I learned on the org

Well Cap, alot of us are still here and remember well....... Thanks for all you do, but be warned, do NOT screw with us again!!!!! LOL!!! :beerchug: :poke:

Glad you're not repeating the prank. So now tell me where the DONATE button is again? I'm feeling generous after my second glass of Scotch ale.

Glad you're not repeating the prank. So now tell me where the DONATE button is again? I'm feeling generous after my second glass of Scotch ale.

Ya know I get hit up several times a week from folks wanting to donate to the site...

I have been very blessed in my life but there are people that are not so fortunate. Our vision for the forum many years ago was to fund the site from advertising. We have done very well with businesses and we get a little better each year. We are finally making up for the many years that we paid for everything out of our pocket.

If you really want to give some money to the org the best thing I can reccommend to honor the spirit of who we are is to help someone else. It's amazing what sending a card or a starbucks card to someone having a rough time can do to boost spirits. You can send a gremlin bell to a new member, buy a book, a video, send a part or just pick up the phone and call someone when they just need a friend. Invest that money back into your fellow busa riders... This site is what we make it as a group, if we all pitch in here and there we can get each other through just about anything....

Thanks for the offer but I suggest you should buy someone lunch!

cap

Last edited:
Was that really 5 years ago? Time flys. Thanks again Captain for keeping the site going. :bowdown:

dude! i would not have had a good day!

i gain so much from this site- i cant even express it properly- just know i love all ya hoons! and thanks doug (and 2tone and bob and all the others) for makin a safe, fun place to belong... hope to meet each of you in person one day... Ride Safe!:beerchug:

i wasnt here when this happened by i did read about it as i frequent numerous old posts and history to learn more about the site and its members.....I can honestly say that is that had happened now i would have freaked out.....i spe4nd a ton of time here on the org to the tune of 3 or 4 hours a day i bet. i truely anjoy the site and since i joined and quit lurking it has become my home away from home so to speak...

It is hard to think that was five years ago... so much has changed in that time and in all of our lives. The world truely is a different place now. It is amazing to think of how connected the .oRg becomes; how when we plug in, we are for the most part assimilated. I have never met a person on the board that I didn't like (a few that I disagree with strongly), and I have had the chance to ride with and talk to some of the best people that I know. People who I never would have met otherwise! I remember a rough day in April of 2007, when some people showed me love and friendship that I could not possibly have expected... on that day, I truely learned what it meant to be a part of this wonderful place. I got several calls on THE day, had to be honest with people that I didn't know... I defended Doug and his actions fiercely, that he was doing what needed to be done. People who know the history going back a little bit farther would understand why it was so easy to dupe us all, given what we all had just gone through. When I found out it was a prank, I wanted to kick Doug in the neck myself :)

This place is truely like a family... it is wonderful to interact with each other online, but if you have never been to one of our family reunions... I am telling you, the commeradery that you see at the different meet and greets is absolutely astounding. The members of the .oRg will give you the shirts off thier back and usually won't wait for you to ask...

I do recommend that you don't let those two scummy guys that always show up to the bash touch your bikes though... you know the ones... the fat lazy guy and the bald one who never shaves... those two are very shifty!

Thanks Doug, for giving me a place in the webbernet to call home. Thanks to you .oRg, for making me laugh, smile and at times even cry! You guys are the best!

MCM

Ide be lost without the org. Thank you Cap for all you have done and continue to do to keep this place up and running. :bowdown:

Ya know I get hit up several times a week from folks wanting to donate to the site...

I have been very blessed in my life but there are people that are not so fortunate. Our vision for the forum many years ago was to fund the site from advertising. We have done very well with businesses and we get a little better each year. We are finally making up for the many years that we paid for everything out of our pocket.

If you really want to give some money to the org the best thing I can reccommend to honor the spirit of who we are is to help someone else. It's amazing what sending a card or a starbucks card to someone having a rough time can do to boost spirits. You can send a gremlin bell to a new member, buy a book, a video, send a part or just pick up the phone and call someone when they just need a friend. Invest that money back into your fellow busa riders... This site is what we make it as a group, if we all pitch in here and there we can get each other through just about anything....

Thanks for the offer but I suggest you should buy someone lunch!

cap
Thanks, Cap. I caught that feeling when I joined, and now going on 2000 posts. Had a lot of people offer me friendship and help, and hope I've done the same. :beerchug:

Lamb was a member then but doesn't remember said prank. It is a classic though. It doesn't take much to get peoples panties in a wad.

Hi Cap!

This is a pretty amazing community. Great people that are pretty supportive of just about anything rational (and even some things a little insane). I joined this site quite literally because i had a problem and went looking for knowledgeable people. The first post was an electrical problem that i fixed with virtually no idea how to work on the electrical system of a bike all because the .oRg rallied up to give me suggestions that ultimately lead to an almost "do it yourself" fix (i say almost because i had the .oRg walking me through it). Since then I have learned much from other members, done some mods, got some great deals from sponsors and most importantly made some Great Friends! Without you Captain this would not have been possible. Just want to take this time to thank you and all of the members here for making this place the most amazing community on the interwebz!

p.s.
there should be :rulez: about driving people insane by cutting them off from their online family! :rofl:

Doug bounced the prank idea off me back then,I cant remember wether or not I said it was a good idea.:whistle:

RSD.

I joined a couple months later and remember there were still some upset persons and a lot of threads about it still going on.

Back