Lesson learned

JackLKing

Registered
I have to say I've been riding on and off for about 15 years..I just had a dumba@# moment last night. I went to bike night and was in a hurry to get there so I didn't change what I was wearing....I had tennis shoes with long shoelaces on them. I just pulled in. And YES......take a guess....Laces got caught on the footpeg.....and by the time I got the laces free.....the bike was just far enough to where I couldn't hold it any longer...I have a bad back and wow does it hurt.....I just gently layed the bike down and a fella came and helped me pick it up...
POINT of this topic........DON'T slack in any motorcylce atire period.....Most people here in florida where t-shirts and shorts and tennis shoes......Bad idea.....I have a small scratch on the right side to remind me...so those of you that do this....DON'T

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
unfortunately a lot of us ride like that and its going to take a spill like your's or worse to remember to wear the right gear.

xzvs

Registered
If you HAVE to ride in shoes with laces they make a contraption that may help you out
can be found on ebay for bout 20 bucks
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/zx10-Hayabusa-gsxr-zx11-r1-sportbike-parts-accessories_W0QQitemZ180035680753QQihZ008QQcate

goryZ34284QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">shoe thingys</a>
I personally went out and bought work boots with no laces as I ride to/from work every day

NCpanther01

Registered
Good thread! I was rushing one day from work. Talking to someone while leaving and messed up my routine. Needless to say I do evrything the same all the time. well, I went off doing about 70 when I relized the smacking against my helmet. I didn't snap my helmet straps! All I did afterwards was think about the ride home and what IF!!! GOD is good!!! Be careful BUSA family!!!Ncpanther01