Holy crap this bike is fast....!

What am I missing? Suzukis are famous for intake howl (almost all Gixxers). When the Busa hits it's stride it sounds like a wolf is chasing you. Are you guys saying that's not normal? When I got my Busa dynoed at a Ducati dealer you could hear the bike running then it rolled up into the power and everyone's eyes went wide as baseballs and they said what the F' is that? I smiled and said "That Sir is a wolf howling in the land of bikes that clatter". Lol, I still like that one!
Like I mentioned in a previous response, I like the sound, I was just making sure it was normal...

I put a K&N air filter in my gen2(and later a BMC race, 2/3 as thick), and with quiet stock exhaust.
The intake sound was noticeably louder from less air restriction.

Just my opinion but that race filter is probably not filtering anywhere near the amount of debri that the stock filter does. Not that much flying debri on a race track compared to highways where trucks and cars and trucks and cars...get my meaning?
The BMC Race Filters, filter a lot more crap than the K&N Race do I believe..

A quick follow up, I had a friend of mine (who is a former Suzuki mechanic and has worked on many Hayabusas and has modded many for customers) ride my bike.

He told me the noises I hear are normal and no louder than any bike he's worked on. At least I can relax and just ride it.

A quick follow up, I had a friend of mine (who is a former Suzuki mechanic and has worked on many Hayabusas and has modded many for customers) ride my bike.

He told me the noises I hear are normal and no louder than any bike he's worked on. At least I can relax and just ride it.
See? It’s just that you are no used to hearing that many ponies breathing at once. Lol!

I'm sure not used to having the intakes under my nose that's for sure...
Just wait till you do an air box mod and velocity stacks then it howls & pulls hard enough to have you yelling inside the helmet with excitement. Sounds like prior owner had been upgrading it and understood what he or she was doing but every rider has to make a bike there own & how they want it to look/perform. This level of speed takes some getting use to & you don't have to use it all but on the other hand if needed it's always there.

Just wait till you do an air box mod and velocity stacks then it howls & pulls hard enough to have you yelling inside the helmet with excitement. Sounds like prior owner had been upgrading it and understood what he or she was doing but every rider has to make a bike there own & how they want it to look/perform. This level of speed takes some getting use to & you don't have to use it all but on the other hand if needed it's always there.
There is an airbox mod for the Gen 2?

The previous owner (Zed1000) did very smart mods to make it handle, brake and go fast.

Put a 46 tooth rear sprocket (OEM is 43), have Frank at powerhouse (sponsor here) flash your ECU and put and R6 throttle tube and you’ll have a smile for days after getting on the gas. Lol
could you be more specific, what do you meant R6 throttle tube??? Please advise

could you be more specific, what do you meant R6 throttle tube??? Please advise

" This R6 throttle tube will shorten the throttle throw by 15-20%. This is very helpful to reduce wrist pressure, and make it easier to twist to full throttle without having to re-grip the throttle. This R6 throttle tube is also smooth on the outside, so you can install any aftermarket grips you like. The only modification to install this throttle tube is to loosen the throttle cable at the adjuster and this is very easy to do in just a few minutes. "

" This R6 throttle tube will shorten the throttle throw by 15-20%. This is very helpful to reduce wrist pressure, and make it easier to twist to full throttle without having to re-grip the throttle. This R6 throttle tube is also smooth on the outside, so you can install any aftermarket grips you like. The only modification to install this throttle tube is to loosen the throttle cable at the adjuster and this is very easy to do in just a few minutes. "
Good to know!! thank you so much for your explanation.

Hey guys I hope this is my last stupid question before to place my order.R1/ R6 tube is a direct replacement in a gen 2? Please advise.Thanks for your assistance!!!

Hey guys I hope this is my last stupid question before to place my order.R1/ R6 tube is a direct replacement in a gen 2? Please advise.Thanks for your assistance!!!
Yes buy the quick turn throttle from shints have to enter search on site doesn't just come up. Think $38 it comes with new grips installed & you don't have to research which R1 year to get or cut down the tube end. This mod gives u power sooner. The cable grove wheel is larger so no more regrip or tired wrist on rides. Think Suzuki went smaller as another me too safety device.

How does this help ‘tired wrists’? Isn’t it similar but not quite as quick as a Quick throttle typically used on drag bikes?

Back