Holy crap

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
Just saw on the news that in Oklahoma a couple slabs of concrete on the freeway expanded and lifted up about 2 to 3 feet to make a perfect ramp. They said a guy on a motorcycle hit it and went airborne for 150ft then skidded to a halt for another 200ft. Didn't say if he got hurt at all, but what a surprise that must have been. I can't find the news clip yet. Just thought that was pretty crazy.

hmmm that would have been an interesting vid to see! not the landing so much i guess.

here is the pic, said he went 150 feet and the bike went another 222 feet. had some injuriies and was airlifted to hospital.

g0a00000000000000005f740f1fe42c154cedeb46b7e17d9817a22b1b09.jpg

STILLWATER, Okla. — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol blames a Pawnee County wreck on excessive heat that buckled a section of the Cimarron Turnpike.

Chason Ray Lewis, 36, of Enid, was driving a motorcycle west on U.S. 412 when the “roadway buckled due to excessive heat,” creating a 12-inch bump in the road, according to an OHP trooper. The motorcycle hit the bump and was thrown about 150 feet. The motorcycle landed on the road and skidded another 222 feet before coming to rest, OHP reports.

The wreck happened at 4:11 p.m. Sunday near U.S. 412 mile marker 39.55 in Pawnee County.

Lewis suffered several injuries and was taken by helicopter to St. John Medical Center in Tulsa. His condition was not available by press time Monday.

Holy crap. Our roads in this state are the absolute worst.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

STILLWATER, Okla. — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol blames a Pawnee County wreck on excessive heat that buckled a section of the Cimarron Turnpike.

Chason Ray Lewis, 36, of Enid, was driving a motorcycle west on U.S. 412 when the “roadway buckled due to excessive heat,â€￾ creating a 12-inch bump in the road, according to an OHP trooper. The motorcycle hit the bump and was thrown about 150 feet. The motorcycle landed on the road and skidded another 222 feet before coming to rest, OHP reports.

The wreck happened at 4:11 p.m. Sunday near U.S. 412 mile marker 39.55 in Pawnee County.

Lewis suffered several injuries and was taken by helicopter to St. John Medical Center in Tulsa. His condition was not available by press time Monday.

If thats the correct picture above and its only 12" that is one very short cop, because it looks like the highest point is at his waist. :poke: Hope the guy is ok and had good insurance.

Looks below his knee to me, but anyway, it covers a very short distance, one heck of a speed bump. If relaxed and sitting up I would have probably ate the tank and windscreen.
Hope he's alright.

It's really not that strange, since Oklahoma is sitting on a BED OF CLAY from being a shallow Ocean at one time (millions of years ago). That's why our Interstates are ALWAYS being repaired. Because of the shifting ground under the road bed. Well that's what a Road Construction Exec told me anyway :whistle: . SOUND GOOD, since he keeps YOUR TAX MONEY AT WORK signs up, all the time :laugh:

Wow, hope he lives long enough to collect on that lottery ticket.
I bet four lawyers met him at the hospital :)

here is the pic, said he went 150 feet and the bike went another 222 feet. had some injuriies and was airlifted to hospital.

He must've been speeding on pretty good to get 150' of air off of that little thing. It doesn't really have enough of an angle to give you any lift. And if the length of the ramp is shorter than the bike's wheelbase(or you hit the jump too slow)it results in the front end dropping and usually an over the bars landing, or a very close call. Maybe that's what happened.
I wonder what he was riding?
Another 222' slide after supposedly 150' of air. 60mph is about 88' per second. Either he got a speeding ticket, the cop cut him a break considering the circumstances, or somebody's exagerating.
If that was close to my house my buddies and I would be lined up seeing who could go the highest and furthest!:laugh:
Pretty cool.

same thing happened here in MI a few weeks ago. i had to drive past it a few times this one is across the entire two lines

- ‪Heat causes Mich. road to buckle‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe the speed limit on some of those turnpikes is 80 mph so it would be very possible that he could have been going 85+...hope he wasn't injured too bad and recovers quickly :beerchug:

Back