Holy crap this bike is fast....!

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
I went for a casual ride and ended up on a back road I normally haunt-it's long straight and no houses...great for opening up a Hayabusa somewhat..

I found something out, this bike is fast-real fast....I was nowhere near full throttle or top gear either...I did find out the speed shifter is pretty slick as well...

Up until today I have never had it over 5k rpm. It sounds like a jet taking off over 6k...

I did notice the intake howls when it is unleashed and am not sure if this is normal.

Only time I hear any intake noise is If I'm lugging it in top gear and give it a lot of throttle. If you hear it again, pull in the clutch, go down 2 and pin it. :D

Only time I hear any intake noise is If I'm lugging it in top gear and give it a lot of throttle. If you hear it again, pull in the clutch, go down 2 and pin it. :D

Uh yeah, pin it......no thanks, the rocket launch of this evening satisfied my thirst for now...It's got an ECU upgrade (it has a sticker on the ECU that says Schnitz) so it really hits hard on the throttle.

When I did come onto the throttle the intake literally howled and I definitely was not lugging in top gear.

I notice in 1st and 2nd gear at very low throttle, the intake whistles almost turbo like...odd...

Last edited:
Uh yeah, pin it......no thanks, the rocket launch of this evening satisfied my thirst for now...

When I did come onto the throttle the intake literally howled and I definitely was not lugging in top gear.

I notice in 1st and 2nd gear at very low throttle, the intake whistles almost turbo like...odd...
Put a 46 tooth rear sprocket (OEM is 43), have Frank at powerhouse (sponsor here) flash your ECU and put and R6 throttle tube and you’ll have a smile for days after getting on the gas. Lol

Lift the tank. Maybe the air box is loose. At 10,000’+ on tour I loosened the lid to the air box on my CBXs so they could breathe better. On open throttle it really howled thru the intake.

Lift the tank. Maybe the air box is loose. At 10,000’+ on tour I loosened the lid to the air box on my CBXs so they could breathe better. On open throttle it really howled thru the intake.
I checked that already when I peeled the faux carbon fibre wrap off it..

Put a 46 tooth rear sprocket (OEM is 43), have Frank at powerhouse (sponsor here) flash your ECU and put and R6 throttle tube and you’ll have a smile for days after getting on the gas. Lol
The ECU was flashed by someone called Schnitz-at least that is what the sticker says on the ECU. That and the salesman told me it was flashed. R6 throttle tube sounds interesting although I seriously don't think I need the thing to go any faster...

I’d like the sound too unless the air is getting past my air filter.
The filter seemed to be in place when I checked it...I didn't look for cracks in the air inlet tubes-but I will now.

I just can't get over how hard this thing accelerates, up to today the fastest I had it was 70mph and that was with under 4k upshifts. I thought my built Gen 1 Bandit accelerated, now I know what it means..

Since our bikes are fast from the factory, I don't see the need for any mods that substantially increase power. I already have a K&N race filter and Yoshi pipes. I may do an ECU flash at some point but that's it.

I am considering a Vance and Hines header just to get rid of the heat that bakes my foot every time.

Have someone who knows what it should sound like take a listen. You may just be shocked to hear the old bird howl above 6,000 revs!:laugh:

My bird stock before the flash howled in the air box on hard throttle . It was the secondary plates , after flash no more . I bet your flash had no secondary plate change just top speed limiter / fans . I know schnitz you have to check their form boxes for what you want , and if previous owner didn't ask then they didn't change it

A crack maybe why it was wrapped by last owner bro ? Could of cheaped out on a proper fix . Great that you are getting onto gassing it up a bit now !
That could very well be it...I will check that soon, I just fuelled it up so I have to wait until half tank.

I think that satisfied my "need for speed" for a while to be honest...it went way too fast, way to easily...I could only imagine if I was anywhere near the red line in any gear....YIKES!

Have someone who knows what it should sound like take a listen. You may just be shocked to hear the old bird howl above 6,000 revs!:laugh:
Sadly, nobody I know around here knows anything about a Hayabusa...this is a one horse town I'm in...

Since our bikes are fast from the factory, I don't see the need for any mods that substantially increase power. I already have a K&N race filter and Yoshi pipes. I may do an ECU flash at some point but that's it.

I am considering a Vance and Hines header just to get rid of the heat that bakes my foot every time.

Just my opinion but that race filter is probably not filtering anywhere near the amount of debri that the stock filter does. Not that much flying debri on a race track compared to highways where trucks and cars and trucks and cars...get my meaning?

My bird stock before the flash howled in the air box on hard throttle . It was the secondary plates , after flash no more . I bet your flash had no secondary plate change just top speed limiter / fans . I know schnitz you have to check their form boxes for what you want , and if previous owner didn't ask then they didn't change it
Sounds sensible to me...is there a big difference in the secondary plate change? Would that cause the whistle?

Back