Holy Crap a Missle

BigSkin

Registered
Yeah a missle. Well my fiance and I decided to go out for a stroll in the country roads I let her lead all the way as we took a nice ride. Well during the ride we found an awsome country road with straight wide open roads. We stop and look at all the korn and say hey lets open the bikes up. She ride a Gixxer 600 and I ride my busa. Well after stopping she takes off and I take off well I quickly catch up and just blow by her. As I shifted through my gears at about 140 or 150 I hear my exhaust get realy realy loud. I look back and my fiance is pale white like she saw a ghost. I figure crap i lost a hanger my exhaust is loose. We pull oven and ispect my bike here is a picture. Come to find out the set screw on the hindle megaphone pipe came loose and the cap with all the innerds blew out of my pipe like a small missle at 140mph nearly killing my fiance. She said It looked like a rocket was fired out my exhaust. we went back and i can not find anything. Funny but scary. Does annyone got the parts so I can fix my exhaust or do I need to buy a new megaphone pipe.

08060823431.JPG

I would think you would need a new can (megaphone), or you could put an Alien head on ?? Just glad she wasn't hurt !!

That just makes'em hold on TIGHTER  
laugh.gif
. Now say you didn't do that on purpose::::: you sly dog you
hello.gif

I find myself laughing but then felt bad for doing it.... Sorry..... I would have loved to see a picture of her face. Probably needed a new pair of undies!!!!

Yeah a missle. Well my fiance and I decided to go out for a stroll in the country roads I let her lead all the way as we took a nice ride. Well during the ride we found an awsome country road with straight wide open roads. We stop and look at all the korn and say hey lets open the bikes up. She ride a Gixxer 600 and I ride my busa. Well after stopping she takes off and I take off well I quickly catch up and just blow by her. As I shifted through my gears at about 140 or 150 I hear my exhaust get realy realy loud. I look back and my fiance is pale white like she saw a ghost. I figure crap i lost a hanger my exhaust is loose. We pull oven and ispect my bike here is a picture. Come to find out the set screw on the hindle megaphone pipe came loose and the cap with all the innerds blew out of my pipe like a small missle at 140mph nearly killing my fiance. She said It looked like a rocket was fired out my exhaust. we went back and i can not find anything. Funny but scary. Does annyone got the parts so I can fix my exhaust or do I need to buy a new megaphone pipe.
HOLLY
flush.gif
BRO, glad the mrs to be is ok
thumb_up.gif
....... who makes the exhaust? i think your best option would be to contact them tell them your story, maybe just maybe you can get them to replace it
please.gif
, i bet that bas*ard sounded AWSOME though huh?
laugh.gif

Glad nothing bad happened. Hopefully the exhaust place will cut you a deal.

Any reputable manufacturer will replace just those parts. I had a problem w/ my Hindle & they were more than happy to take care of it.

Glad you are a bad shot.

If my exhaust can fell apart on me while i was riding I'd be shopping for a different can
whistling.gif

Any reputable manufacturer will replace just those parts. I had a problem w/ my Hindle & they were more than happy to take care of it.

Glad you are a bad shot.
Im sure glad it did not peg her in her helment it definately would of had a terrible ending. I have never seen anything like this. Hindle is a good company maybe it was a bad run or exhaust. anyways you guys with hindle megaphones might want to look them over.

I just emailed hindle I will post what ever reply they send me and keep you up to date on their customer service. The exhaust has less than 2k miles and is less than 1 year old.

WOW I am extremly pleased and glad I chose a hindle exhaust. I email customer service and they got back to me within 30 minutes. Yeah you think thats good not only did they conatct me here was there reply. Customer service is defiantely 10 out of 10 so far.

Hello Kervin,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am sorry to hear what happened, but am
thankful that you and your fiancee are safe. This is the first I have
ever heard/seen of this problem. Can you ship the muffler to us, so
that we may inspect it and repair or replace (depending on damage) the
muffler? We will gladly do this at no cost.

If you could ship (pre-paid) the muffler to:

Hindle Products Ltd.
Attn: Warranty/Alison
140 North Port Road
Port Perry, Ontario
L9L 1B2 CANADA

I find the Postal Service offers the best rates for shipping parcels.
Please mark the item on the shipping waybill as "warranty item being
returned: made in Canada".

We will cover shipping costs to send the muffler back to you, as well
as all costs to have the muffler repaired and inspected.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind regards,
Alison

Now thats the kinda response every manufactuer should have when something they make appears to be defective..just the inconvienence of it all.

glad it worked out for ya bro

Can you find out from Hindle if there's anything we need to inspect or look for to avoid this issue.

Thanks in advance

Back