Holy Crap

ibified

Registered
I was just on the suzuki website....MSRP for the 08 hayabusa was 11,999, the 09 msrp is 13,199. YIKES!

yeah 2 grand because of the recession, its vertually identicle to the 2008 to other then colors

You would think they would LOWER their prices due to the recession. I mean, that just TANKED their sales. Good for us who already have them....resale value just went up!

Only owned mine about two weeks now K9 in silver and it cost me £9250 ($12704). Suzuki should have to justify the price increase

What are the 1K's going for ? Are all the prices jumping up ?

According to my local dealer Suzuki had a 7% increase across the board as of 1-1-2009. I wonder if all brands have done something similar?

I'm sure the dollar vs yen has much to do with it. It was about 1 vs 92 a couple of weeks ago. A year ago it was in the mid 100s. With our economy right now, your dollar is down 10% or more to buy foreign goods.

Another factor that plays into the role is that Suzuki cut production across the board by 20%...maybe they are trying to make up for that!

You can thank your newly elected officials for the US dollar falling like a rock. It's a direct result of the trillions of dollars spent by our federal government which they don't have. We can't simply print money and give it away without serious consequencies.

You can expect the dollar to continue to fall until our president has the balls to step up to the podium and say "No more bail out money"! At that time your US dollar will begin to stabilize.

Politics is a nasty game and since all branches of our government is controlled by one party, I wouldn't get my hopes up for things to get better anytime soon. :beerchug:

According to Busabret the prices went up as of 1-1-09, meaning that the newly elected officials really had nothing to do with it. :beerchug::laugh:

According to Busabret the prices went up as of 1-1-09, meaning that the newly elected officials really had nothing to do with it. :beerchug::laugh:

You are not alone. 24% of voters think the government has their own money! Sad but true!

Last edited:
I'm sure the dollar vs yen has much to do with it. It was about 1 vs 92 a couple of weeks ago. A year ago it was in the mid 100s. With our economy right now, your dollar is down 10% or more to buy foreign goods.

Exactly! Dollar has weakened against the YEN.

You can thank your newly elected officials for the US dollar falling like a rock. It's a direct result of the trillions of dollars spent by our federal government which they don't have. We can't simply print money and give it away without serious consequencies.

You can expect the dollar to continue to fall until our president has the balls to step up to the podium and say "No more bail out money"! At that time your US dollar will begin to stabilize.

Politics is a nasty game and since all branches of our government is controlled by one party, I wouldn't get my hopes up for things to get better anytime soon. :beerchug:

Wrong.. The major devaluation occured during the last administration.
The Dollar has actually gained against the Euro and the currencies indexed to it.
The dollar has not gained against the yen and that has forced Japanese industry to finally adjust prices to help losses. It is a move they were reluctant to make because it would have a negative effect on sales.

Last edited:
Weak dollar affects cost of all imports and now that we no longer manufacture anything but crack :dunno:

Back