There IS a difference between the 08 and 09

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
....the PRICE! :banghead:
08 MSRP = $11,999
09 MSRP = $12,499

Somebody should tell the powers-that-be over there at headquarters that the USA is in a recession! BUMMER!

They are also showing in the specs that the 2009 has a SET valve in the collecter. That more than justifies the $500 price increase. LOL.

QUOTE=CCbusa05;1712571]....the PRICE! :banghead:
08 MSRP = $11,999
09 MSRP = $12,499

Somebody should tell the powers-that-be over there at headquarters that the USA is in a recession! BUMMER![/QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see if our economic 'flushing' will affect the number of 'busas sold in the US for '09.

I think it unlikely. :whistle:

....the PRICE! :banghead:
08 MSRP = $11,999
09 MSRP = $12,499

Somebody should tell the powers-that-be over there at headquarters that the USA is in a recession! BUMMER!

If you wait until January then you can get either one for 11k or less :thumbsup:

what is a set valve? ???

It's basically a butterfly valve in the collector portion of the header that is partially closed at lower RPMs It's supposed to help with torque down low then open up for full flow at high RPM. Used on many GSXR's, it seems to reduce the noise more than anything else. But a primary tube designed to flow enough at 15000 RPM us likely too big for good scavaging velocity down low and this could help broaden or change the effect of the returning wave.

I have a stupid question here.
When a dealer says their price is $xxx out the door - does that mean it is inclusive of local sales tax?
A local dealer in Santa Clara, CA quoted me over the phone: $13K out the door for 08 Busa.
I was thinking of trading my 06 LE with a Gen2.

When a dealer says their price is $xxx out the door - does that mean it is inclusive of local sales tax?
A local dealer in Santa Clara, CA quoted me over the phone: $13K out the door for 08 Busa.

yes OTD means everything included....

but 13k sounds really high

I got mine for 10.8K OTD

but i'm in FL

I got mine for 10.8 before TT&L, after TT&L around 11.8.
Also, that set valve, are you sure it is actually on the 09? I severely doubt it because their specs sheet is for the B-King (see a couple posts i made in the 200 rear tire size thread). Maybe the B King has one (can someone chime in on that?) but i doubt the busa has one.

Dont settle for that, OTD Cycle Sports quoted me $11,999 OTD in Auburn California.

I ordered an 09 yesterday, but it was an informal transaction, at best, since my dealer doesn't even have the proper ordering forms available yet.
Does anyone know for sure when the last of the 08s crossed the assembly line? Why I ask is that I'd buy a "crate fresh" 08 if I could find one in the orange/black color. I've seen them on dealership floors but I'm pretty anal about my bikes, always deal in cash and fresh out of the crate with "0" miles on the clock, no test rides allowed by the set up guys. And those last off the assembly line would more than likely have that ignition wiring recall problem of earlier units corrected.
Oh well..............if I have to wait until Nov or Dec, no biggie, our riding season is all but shot for this year anyway.

Date of Manufacture should not be of any issue to you... they are not cucumbers.. :) Now if the bike was 2 years old in a crate, yea might worry about lube or seals...

With the economy and questionable color for 09 I think the price increase is a mistake.:whistle:

Anything under 13.5k OTD in California is considered ok price for a hot model. California prices will always be higher that majority of the states. So Cali guys don't compare prices with the rest of the 49 states with the exception of Hawaii.

08 Busa's are about to drop down under $10,500 up North here in Vt.

Only about 10 left but no one wants them sitting thru the winter. ???

Ya thats REAL HIGH(SO IS THE DEALER) Bought mine @ D&H Cycles in Modesto Ca, for 12,000 OTD! And they threw in a factory Gel seat and 1st service FREE! :cheerleader:
BTW, and that was 4 months ago.....way before 09's where released!

Back