Hit a deer broke some things

KappaSigBusa

Registered
Sun evening I was in a lean going around a corner, when a deer jumped into the road in front of me. I corrected to miss the deer just when it decided to go back the way it had came from directly into my left side. :cussing: I ended up going off the road and high sided thankfully my helmet and jacket did their job marvelously:thumbsup: but the one day I didn't wear my boots I broke my left ankle and my right knee:banghead: I'm worried about my baby sitting in the impound but my insurance should be getting here to a local shop I trust soon.:please: hoping to be back on the road by Feb god willing:angel:

Man, sad to hear this, but glad to see you posting.
Get well and back on two soon, bro.
Bubba

I have learned through many encounters with deer that you are far better off to hold your line and let the deer take evasive actions. The deer won't just stand there and let you hit it. It will almost always take evasive actions. If you try to miss it, you cut your chances down to 50%. One of my riding friends hit a deer recently by changing lines to avoid it and bingo, deer jumps right in front of him!

Sorry about the crash man. Heal up soon!

Glad to hear the injuries were'nt any worse than they were. Heal quick and get back on the road ASAP.:thumbsup:

Deer.. The're thick as flies here in Missouri, and are a major contributer to higher insurance rates for both cars and bikes.
Stupid creatures, I hate 'em.

Glad you're on the mend. Sorry to hear about the off brother. Bad in my area as well and highly unpredictable.

Sorry to hear about this. I'm sure it was a scary incident. I've said before & I'll say it again....firearm deer season needs to be open year round in every state! :firing: It's getting out of control, especially in the midwest & southeast :banghead:

Here's to a quick and painless recovery for you and I hope your able to get your bike back to the way she was ASAP.

Last edited:
Glad you're still around to tell the tale! I hope you heal up quick and get the bike issues settled to your satisfaction.

Sorry to hear this. Glad to see you came out as good as you did. Hope you have a fast and full recovery and back out on the road soon.

Back