A deer hit ME on Thursday.

Yes, that is correct. A doe, luckily a yearling, ran straight into the side of the busa on the way to work Thursday morning. I was in a wooded, curvy section that I always see deer on, so I was only running 40-45 mph. As I crested a small hill with a blind left corner at the top, the doe shot out of the right ditch directly into the side panel and my leg. Seems like most of the impact was directly on the clutch cover. The impact pushed me to the center line and rolled the deer back into the ditch. The good news is no broken plastic or bones! Looks like I do have a few small scratches now.. oh well!!

I am also glad that the board is back!! I didn't get to check to see over the weekend. :beerchug:

I showed this to Sherry and she said "doesn't that sound familiar?"

Now I know someone besides me that has hit a deer on a motorcycle and didn't crash.

We are the LUCKY ones :beerchug:

Glad you stayed rubber side up , thats always good .

Dont you mean rubber side down?lol

On the serious note, I am glad you are ok. Think about it, if you were going just 1 mph slower, you would have been back just far enough for it to jump right in front of you, or to at least hit your front tire, and you would have gone down. Thus, a new lesson. When thinking about slowing down to be careful, actually speed up! Lol its harder to hit a faster moving target!
If it were me, I would actually be proud of it. I would be telling people I collided with a deer, and won!

I had a dear hit me once..... nevermind, now that I think back it was an ex-wife:whistle:

Glad your ok. Hope dear is ok too an learned to look for bikes when he crosses the street.:laugh: Guess you could a came back an bagged him if he wasn't ???

Way to hold it upright. I've seen plenty of the other option and it's always nice to hear that the deer do lose from time to time. :thumbsup:

Back