High speed to Jail II

Hey Former Bear, I really appreciate reading your insights as a former? member of the police.  Why former?
1. Tired of having to deal with the worst elements in society (drunks, wastoids, etc), having to deal with snot-nosed kids who think that mommy and daddy have a magic wand and can both make them grow up and get them out of trouble at the same time, but mostly just tired of realizing that the public doesn't WANT you to make a difference and keep the peace, they just wanna give you the bird and laugh. For every 2 people you met that appreciated what you did, you have 5 that hated you for it. It got old...

2. It was paying my way through night school at a state university (Hail Purdue) until I got a better paying career.

3. I met and married my wife, an ER physician, and that finally iced it. Why put up with the bullsh*t if I didn't have to? The public hates police so much, let'em have it their way, someone else can babysit and/or shovel people up, I was sick of it.

You writing a biography?

LOL, love the avatar there Former. That just cracks me up. Star Wars Kid will never die.

my philosphy is pretty simple, if you are going to speed, SPEED. Dont pu$$y-foot it at 20mph over the speed limit, I mean REALLY speed. Most cop cars can only do about 130mph, and it takes them forever to get that fast. If you are going to get on it hard, stay on it. Dont go 160mph for 2 minutes then ride at 45mph for the next half hour in a straight line, chances are your going to jail.

I have FULL respect for police officers, but damnit, I like going fast. And I'd much rather be cut down in a hellstorm of gunfire then go back to the big house

grim.gif

I'll see ya on the battlefield soldier

Mike
You know the Funniest part of Mike's philosophy here? Heh, His speedometer isn't even hooked up so he really has NO idea how fast he is going at any given time...All he knows is that traffic doesn't stick around very long...and as a matter of fact neither does his riding buddies...well me anyway...He goes rippen...everywhere basically...while I am in back calculating just how expensive the ticket is going to be while doing 70 in a 35 zone.... It's entertaining anyway...

HAHAHAHAHAH Revlis I bout fell out of my chair when I read that

First off-

1) I dont give a poop about speeding tickets, thats was traffic lawyers are for. I havent gotten a single ticket in about 40,000+ miles of riding motorcycles.

2) following the posted speed limit will get you killed riding a motorcycle. Wait till that 17 year old ricer goes cutting through traffic behind you and plows your ass. in a 70mph zone, mininum speed is 90. If you're not doing 20mph faster than the speed limit, you're asking to get killed

3) I'm still pissed you didnt walk me and jenn on Gandy the other night. I was expecting you to just roast us at top end, and where was Rev? no where to be found, shame on you

This is riding, who gives 2 sh*ts about the speed limit

LOL

Mike

HAHAHAHAHAH Revlis I bout fell out of my chair when I read that

First off-

1) I dont give a poop about speeding tickets, thats was traffic lawyers are for. I havent gotten a single ticket in about 40,000+ miles of riding motorcycles.

2) following the posted speed limit will get you killed riding a motorcycle. Wait till that 17 year old ricer goes cutting through traffic behind you and plows your ass. in a 70mph zone, mininum speed is 90. If you're not doing 20mph faster than the speed limit, you're asking to get killed

3) I'm still pissed you didnt walk me and jenn on Gandy the other night. I was expecting you to just roast us at top end, and where was Rev? no where to be found, shame on you

This is riding, who gives 2 sh*ts about the speed limit

LOL

Mike
You know...I have been replaying the events that night cause you had me wondering...

Then it occured to me what had happened...

Initially we went side by side and I was pulling a bit at about 130-140, then that damn pickup in my lane forced a decision...I thought about just keeping it buried and mosey over in front of you...but I know there is a lot of crud being kicked up and it would have been a little close so I backed off and pulled in behind you. Then I sorta laid off the throttle until I was past the truck (Just In Case) It was 2AM on a Saturday morning after all.
I rolled it to the stop and took it up to H and she was still pulling and I was closing in on you. Then it was that DAMN Caddy in the left lane...I lifted off completely and brought it down to 75 or so as you went rippin by the Caddy on the shoulder...once the Caddy pulled right, you were a spec in the distance and we were just about outta bridge. So I didn't see much point in continuing the chase so I just motored along at about 140 until I got off the bridge and finally caught you and Jen. I had a blast, and I am seriously wondering bro if these things are limited as advertised...my speedo was wrapped around to the H..or somewhere way past 180 and she was still pulling...

Oh, And if your volunteering to pay my tickets, court costs, and new insurance premiums I'll be right there with you...
thumbs-up.gif

I dunno, maybe I am getting a little old, but while I am all for moving through traffic rapidly, when there is not any traffic I cannot get past my fear of Johny Law and tend to be a bit more particular about my "speeding venues".

If you can deal with "Grandad" here bringing up the rear, I can deal with you leaving me behind now and then.
Oh yeah we need to get hold of the other Busa Pilots here in Tampa and get together...

I'm just getting your goat, you drive the speed your comfortable. As far as other cars on the road? I just stay away from them. If that truck would have changed lanes, I had plenty of room on the shoulder to go around. Believe me, I've had cars suddenly switch lanes on me when I was at 170+mph, it'll scare the sh*t out of you

The scariest thing thats ever happened to me was a 2am race in the middle of nowhere, I had a car pull out in front of me from the right with no lights on. I went behind the car on the sidewalk at about 90mph and almost kissed a fire hydrant.

Yea you cant draft motorcycles much either, unless you are super-tucked behind your windscreen. When heated up, bike tires will throw up more crap than anything else. I have countless dings and nicks on my lid from running hard behind my friends. It's like driving through a flak cloud!

I'll leave the wife at home next time, and we'll get some good riding in

Mike

Back