hey guys..is Rubbah cracked....nevermind

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
most likeky we've beat this one to death , but I'm just in from the shop for a beer break . Thought I'd post this up . I'm about 99% sure that this is just typical shiddy Zook craftsmanship. Real bad pours on this part . Mines a 2000 .
Anyone else's hub look cracked .

thoughts? answers? questions? flames?

hav a glued 1.....RSD.

busa_pics_023.jpg

I think this has been beat down many times... seems that all busa hubs look similar and its just comes from the forging or casting of the part.

I made a big deal about this the first time I noticed it. My Busa was a few weeks old at the time. My dealer said it was a part of the casting process. He also showed me some documentation regarding some previous hubs that he swapped under warranty. All were checked by Suzuki and none were defective.

Your OK RSD. They ALL look like that. Of course if ya stuck around you woulda seen this post already ya fug!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
....seriously, they are casting marks or flashing. Your OK to beat it all ya want....its solid.

biggrin.gif

I think this has been beat down many times...
hey...you wanna give me a fuggin' break....remember ...
          <marquee>I DRINK HEAVILY....ya bastid...</marquee>

kiddin...figured....memory lapse....or something
40__s.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "little movement"|1077503475 -->

Hey RSD! As you know I just polished my rim,s, and I also polished my hub, and then I roughed up the cracked lookn part and painted it flat black and polished my sproket and it really looks a lot better.
wink.gif

hmmmm.....didn't even think about beating it and being solid and all.  damn I'm funny RSD.....Thanks for pointing it out!!!  
drinka.gif

It is just part of the casting. They call it casting flash. You can sand it smooth and paint it or polish it which ever you choose. No harm in what you see though. keep on truckin'

Back