just reading thru Busa probs

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I'm a fan of good lQQkin bikes.

I also love hard rockin' bikes.

But.... they also have to work.

Every Tom,Dikk, an' Hairy thinks he can gain huge horsepower by installing some shiddy pipe made by some Sesame Street company like...HMF Big Bird.

Then. They complain about driveability. Then they complain about gas milage. Then they complain about backfiring. Then they complain about hesitation. Then they complain about...

I dunno... my Bus pulls strong an' hard...
gr8 gas milage
no stutters
no gaps at this or that RPM range
no backfires
no hesitation

are we all just so conditioned by our peers, or by the manufactures of the pipes...

some people dont even take delivery of their bikes until a pipe has been installed...

wow.... we sure have become consumers.

We will buy anybodys pipe. take a look. there's 40 or 50 to choose from.

and they'll all deliver the same.

dead spots
poor miliage
backfires
poor drivability
hesitation....

and if yer REAL FUGGIN' LUCKY.... 3-5 horse.
WITH A GOOD MAP.

our answer to those shiddy pipes...from shiddy companies...

Buy Buy Buy.... they cant keep the "Shid on the Shelf."

I dunno.... is it consumurism,peer pressure,the quest for more...

more horsepower... is that what yer after...

I'll guess 99% dont even use what they got.

just a thought.... flame on with your...

"My pipe is....." "While yer stock set-up is...."

let Rubbah have it.....

I don't think anyone is going to take the bait Rubb,

The only reason I installed a full system is becasue I wanted the single pipe look and the sound. I then tuned it CORRECTLY and have had no driveability problems and my gas mileage has went up from stock. Go figure.

Rubb I honestly think our society drives us to want to ##### about something all the time so if we are not on this site complaining about one thing or another we are not happy!!!!!

Ok C'mon let me have it fellas!!!! or am I right?

But....   they also have to work.

Every Tom,Dikk, an' Hairy thinks he can gain huge horsepower by installing some shiddy pipe made by some Sesame Street company like...HMF Big Bird.

Then. They complain about driveability. Then they complain about gas milage. Then they complain about backfiring. Then they complain about hesitation. Then they complain about...

gr8 gas milage
                  no stutters
                    no backfires
                     no hesitation

are we all just so conditioned by our peers, or by the manufactures of the pipes...

some people dont even take delivery of their bikes until a pipe has been installed...

wow....  we sure have become consumers.

dead spots
      poor miliage
       backfires
        poor drivability
         hesitation....

WITH A GOOD MAP.

Buy Buy Buy....  they cant keep the  "Shid on the Shelf."

I dunno....   is it consumurism,peer pressure,the quest for more...

just a thought....  flame on with your...

"My pipe is....."      "While yer stock set-up is...."

let Rubbah have it.....
Well, pipes can add additional horse....provided, like you stated, with a GOOD MAP.

Most of the stuff we hear is the trial and error parts....folks who don't have a good map goin on. Or they have a good map, but they fugged on the calculations (A/F, sea level, etc) that they feed to the tuner. I don't hear many (if any at all) horror stories about the Cheeseman's maps...they seem to be as good as gold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Perhaps it is Americanism at it's best...you know, the American Dream...to have this, to have that, a lil more of this, a lil more of that. True...99% of people don't push the performance envelope of the bike to it's extreme. It could be that "have it just because I can" idealogy...but again, I could be wrong. I know that I myself would love to have a set of pipes so that I can have a lil more grunt to the bike. Am I ever gonna use it? Highly unlikely....well, at least not on this little rock. And even if I go back there...I probably won't be hitting the potential of the bike. Unless, of course, I plan to make a mark in the AMA circuit....which of course, I have no intention nor capability of doing.

It can also be the squid factor... "I put a pipe on my bike, therefore I am". Mebbe in their eyes putting a pipe on the bike makes them look more credible...I dunno. For myself, I'd be lookin at the sound factor...I love the way Scorpion cans sound....and although it doesn't add as much as a short and curly in regards to power, at least it's music to my ears.

And last but not least, it could also be the asthetics factor. The "makes it look good" kindof a thing. Hell...I could be wrong on all parts of this. Who knows...

What I do know is that over here, there's tons of riders who are puttin on pipes, changing sprockets, adding this an that....but 8.5 times outta 10, I'll either hang right there with them or outright out-gun them in the corners. And these are the guys who are riding 600s, 750s, 900s, 1000s. Umm...shouldn't you be ahead of me if my bike can't turn? Oh well...to each his own. I'll stick at the back of the pack and mind my own business until someone wants to see what she can do. Then I'll shine a lil light.

I'm not saying I'm God's gift to the riders on my island...hell, I even wrecked like a squid...but dangit, if I'm riding on a bike that supposedly "can't handle", is "too heavy" and is "only meant for straight-line speed" and you're riding on basically track-built weapons, why are you behind me? All that bling....and no zing. All show and no go. As long as you're happy riding, then by all means, add all the performance mods you want. Your money is not of my concern. As long as you don't try and take me out with your stupid antics, I'll be cool.

It's actually interesting sometimes....but it gets old after awhile. I'd like to save it for the track days from now on....where I could really use some extra "grunt".

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118169224 -->

I bought a pipe because the little voices in my head said to
biggrin.gif

But....   they also have to work.

gr8 gas milage
                  no stutters
                    no backfires
                     no hesitation

wow....  we sure have become consumers.

dead spots
      poor miliage
       backfires
        poor drivability
         hesitation....

WITH A GOOD MAP.

Buy Buy Buy....  they cant keep the  "Shid on the Shelf."

I dunno....   is it consumurism,peer pressure,the quest for more...

just a thought....  flame on with your...

"My pipe is....."      "While yer stock set-up is...."

let Rubbah have it.....
I added a 16 tooth front sprocket and BMG filter cause' at a mile up in elevation I wasn't quite getting the rush I needed....but if I was at sea level she'd be bone stock
wink.gif
I'm not a racer and only need what I enjoy. The American way of needing to "keep up with the Jones" is what drives that mentality I think....if your happy with what you have...and it fits your needs...I say leave it alone. I actually like my nice quiet but crazy fast Busa...perfect running/no messing with dependable rocket. And when we get down to sea level I may have to consider pulling that 16 tooth front off to keep me outta trub....lol

dead spots [/QUOTE]
No dont have those...

poor miliage [/QUOTE]
Milage has been the same...

backfires [/QUOTE]
No dont have those...

poor drivability [/QUOTE]
Been moving well...

hesitation... [/QUOTE]
Whats that
rock.gif
tounge.gif

I'm happy with my Muzzy pipes...
biggrin.gif

Have a satisfied 1
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

RSD, I'll be honest, I bought my HMF HIgh mounts purely because they looked good to me. Now,after the install,the bike drove good with no drivability issues what so ever.(i still have the pair intact). Upon further research,it was suggested that to get the full potential of the full system, I should get a PC3 with a good map.I orderedthe PC3 USB, installed the acropovic map, disabled the O2 sensor and took her for a spin,They were right, dont know what the gain was as far as hp is concerned, but it was substantial.Having said that, If I run regular pump gas,the mileage is better, or it was till I did the 16/42 gear change.Seriously, I have had none of the aforementioned problems you stated.The way I see it, the extra hp & torque I got resulting from the exhaust and PC3, was just a perk,as I bought the exhaust for styling points only., and the PC3 was really just a test from all the research I had done on the exhaust.NJ.:)

He's right!

I bought the carbon fiber Yoshi's just for the look - I admit it. I have the Gunmetal Gray '05 LE and the stock stainless mufflers stuck out like a boner in leotards against the dark frame/paint.

Not flaming but in my defense, I bought the HMF Dual High Exit full system for my '03 for the looks, sound, power ... in that order. I'm happy with all three aspects of them with zero complaints.
Now I'm thinking about Akro's or HMF Big Bird for my '04, yet again for the same 3 reasons.
Just another mod based on personal preference. If we are well informed and still spend the ca$h, then it's our own fault if we waste our hard earned money.

I'd say most mods of ANY kind (for looks or hp) are just personal taste and a few bragging rights...if we all rode around on stock Busas, life wouldn't be nearly as fun.

In the Busa world, with my aesthetically pleasing mostly stock Busa, I'm merely a poser...why give myself more HP when I don't even use what I have?
tounge.gif

Nothing to see here folks...just keep moving...

wink.gif

Hey Rubber,

I still got stock pipes on. Sorry, but I am going to have to change them out. My lawn mower sounds meaner than my bike and I really, really dont like the other people living on my street. I have a Scorpion on my 750 Katana and it sets of the car alarms in the parking garage at work. I liked that:cool: I aint set off a single alarm with my stock pipes on my Busa.

Naw, dont need the extra power. Aint worried about how it looks. Dont give a rats butt what anybody else thinks. Just want the sweet sound and pi$$ off my neighbors......

Now if ya moved down in my neck of the woods, I promise I would put the stockers back on. Just for you.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

When I bought the Microns - it was totally vain. I just wanted my Busa to look beautiful. It did too god damn it!
I bought the Akro system because I thought I liked it best. Period.

I messed with the zx11 and the zx12 and basically did nothing to improve them except the looks and sound, because even with a PCIII on my 12, I had backfiring issues.

With the zx11 I may have gained in the weight loss dept...but the bike lost some of its low/midrange grunt.

I have decided to NOT mess up my busa, -I do however, wish the stock pipes werent so boring looking.

I am planning on leaving the busa stock, but I have to admit, - I click on the aftermarket pipes on ebay all the time, and wonder....if only...but then, ahhhh naw, she runs perfectly.

...except for that flat spot on the stocker at 5k.

Guess Ill just twist the throttle to blast past that flat spot, and enjoy the absence of backfiring and just enjoy the bike that was engineered to run just like it does.

sweetly.

IMHO the bike is WAY too quiet stock. I also like the look of a single pipe, and the weight savings aren't too bad either. Haven't experienced any drivability issues. Muzzy/PC/K&N works for me.........Wasn't really too worried about performance gains, they are just an added bonus. If I was only after performance I would bite the bullet and go turbo.

Well RUB, I went with the yoshi slip on,s because of the DEEP sound, and I like the duel pipe look. And with slip on,s, you don,t have any of the other stuff you mentioned.

I totally agree with you Andy.

Which is why I cut my pipes and called it good. I dont like the looks of pipes on either side, plus I did not want to spend $1500.00 or more on a system when cutting my stock pipes gave me what I wanted, more so than if I went with a full system.

I bought a new pipe the other day. The fire extinguisher fell off my water heater and broke the drain pipe comin' out of it (the water heater) and flooded my garage. I had to buy a new pipe to fix it. It cost me $3.83. Did I do good Rub?

Have a wet one.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118239334 -->

I suppose I must concour, My first reason for wanting a pipe was the sound. I just wanted the pipe to sounds as mean as the bike is. The reason I choose Micron is because they are the only company that sells an orange pipe that sorta matches the bike. As for the other $3,000 worth of sh#t I've bought for the bike.......well Michelle hit that one on the nail, just don't want it to look like the guys next store, or the guy at the next stop light. I kinda like it when I can see the drool falling from their faces.
laugh.gif
Vain? I guess.

dead spots
No dont have those...

poor miliage [/QUOTE]
Milage has been the same...

backfires [/QUOTE]
No dont have those...

poor drivability [/QUOTE]
Been moving well...

hesitation... [/QUOTE]
Whats that