Beware of FattyPipes.com

Busanaterr

Registered
This thread is to make those with sport bikes, specific to the ZX14 and Hayabusa aware.
I ordered a set of fatty pipes from the above site on March 31, 2011. The company received the money on April 1, which is the same day I picked up my new busa. When I purchased the product on line, I received an customer confirmation that my order was received. A week goes by and I never received any shipping information. So I start calling the number on the site and sending emails to verify the order was indeed received and try to obtain shipping information. I got a call 2 days later. Beware, they do not answer the phone. I received 1 call stating the pipes are custom made and had to be sent of to change over to black. They have the pipes in stock but they are chrome and have to be ceramic coated black, which I was not told nor does it state it on the site. During this call I was informed I would receive them on April 13, 2011 if not then, I would get them by the end of the week(15th). No pipes yet. I called to inform them I have not received the pipes and if they have not sent them, don't. I will be disputing the charges. I waited until the following Wed (April 20th) to dispute the charges. After 4 emails with no response, many phone calls with 1 response, and reversing the charges, I received 3 calls the same Wed from guess who?? Wanting to know if I still want the pipes. Guess what, they already shipped them 2 day priority mail and promised they will be to me that Friday. Yes I got them. :thumbsup:
NO :banghead:the qualit of the work sucks. They are suppose to be black ceramic coated. The pipe came with scratches on them. They where not done correctly. We followed the curing process sent with the pipes, but they should have been cured already. To cure ceramic you have to heat them up to about 400+degrees. The instructions state they will cure once on the bike running at normal temp...BS...If you touch the pipes with your boot, the ceramic comes off. So I decided to throw some paint on them to hide the scratches, thinking they will cure. Just so happen my towel fell on the pipes. Thank you Lord. The paint and ceramic slide right off. These :rulez: did not ever sandblast or rough up the chrome surface.
So I'm now having my bike mechanic do them the correct way. Only good thing is the sound of the pipes. This is only to make everyone aware. See pics.
New out the box
Fatty Pipe.jpg

After trying to paint them to cover up the scratches and towel fell on it.
2011-05-10 13.50.02.jpg

After taking clamp off. This part was never painted.
2011-05-10 13.50.20.jpg

Please be aware.

Fatty Pipe.jpg

2011-05-10 13.50.02.jpg

2011-05-10 13.50.20.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Many people buy pipes like that for the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I've never heard of being able to put any kind of coat over chrome?
:wtf:

I can do better with a can of Rustoleum! Just ask anyone here.

You say you disputed the charges but then received the pipes?
So did you get them free or wind up paying for them? That crap would be in the first box I could find and on it's way right back to them!

'ceramic has to cure, so ride it around some' :rofl:
Should have been cured long before you got them but then again they are trying to coat chrome so that shows their intelligence level. :stoopid:

Are these the same people as lord humongous? Curious..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

You are the second person I have heard of to have that same problem from them. They suck, I hope you get them right.

These where the only pipes I wanted. I heard them on 1 other busa and had to have them. You know how it is when you want a specific item. I called the credit card company and told them I received the pipes. The reversed the charges again. Credit card company was perfect and reacted fast. Took only 1 day to get results.

They are loud but have a very low rumble at idle. I need to be heard and seen when I'm out there. More for safety. I like coming back home to my wife after a fun day of riding.

??? omg i can feel you on that my hubbin got a set for his zx14 he had to made a few just see where his pipes after the guy told him when he order them they was in stock and will be to him in a few days lol well that didnt happin but to make a long story short they was a big ripoff they didnt fit well and when try to call back to see how they go on the bike then he was told well for a zx14 they wont fit well because the leftside well not match the rightside w.t.f. and they said since he try to fit them to the bike and scratch the midpipe he cant get his money back again w.t.f. never again plus he telling all the ppl he know not to buy them :cheerleader:

I was just on their website at work today...was thinking hard about ordering a set too. thanks for the headzup:beerchug:

well another org member also had a recent experience with fattypipes. as some of you know our beloved colton (penegrine falcon89) had a slight misshap with his two brothers pipes on the way to the bash. loading the keg they were scratched. straps loosened during the ride down through the storm and the keg "caught" his bike right on the pipes. little did we know it cause more internal damage than anticipated.

SANY1702 (Medium).JPG

SANY1704 (Medium).JPG

so colton orderd a set from fattypipes to replace them...he also was VERY pleased with the sound and the performance...but the down side was there was some "unadvertised" side effects of thier product...

.:laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

227249_1784999661060_1121572612_31742326_1407581_n.jpg

Beware of FattyPipes.com UPDATE!!

Finally checked my google mail account. I got a email from fattypipes because I post my experience on their youtube link.

From Fattypipes:
fattypipes
To:means140
My name is Eli from fattypipes. I understand your not satisfied with your order. Other than the time it takes to reach you, (been busy with orders not able to keep up sometimes) why dont you just call me so we can redo your black color for free? here is my number 559-430-4584

My response:
See the attached photos.
Eli, not satisfied is an understatement. You guy's knowingly sent me pipes that where not ceramic coated the correct way. There is no excuse for your actions. There is no doubt in my mind your company rep sent me the pipes almost a month later undone because I reversed the charges. I reversed the charges because I was not getting call backs, information & the pipes did not show up when they where suppose to. I sent you guy's 4 emails and called numerous times requesting shipping information and status. Not once did I get call with true information. I feel the information I was given about the shipping was to hold me off. So, I will not invest time calling to make this right because there is nothing you can say that will make me change how I feel about what you guys have done. You're trying to make this right only because I'm making my fellow riders aware of my experience with fattypipes via the Internet. If your website stated the pipes had to be shipped off to be ceramic coated and this could take some time, then I would be more understanding, but it does not state this. If someone from your company had just picked up the phone and told me what was going on, I could be more understanding, but that is not what happened. You guys knowingly sent me pipes that where not ceramic coated the correct way. There is no excuse for your actions. The reason I'm not calling you is because the job should have been done correct the first time. Bottom line.
If you feel you can make it right without any extra money out my pocket, then please do so. However, I must make my fellow riders aware of my experience so that they do not go thru what I went thru.

I hate it but it's all good. The guy that works on my bike is getting the pipes done right. Costing me, but it will be done the right way. I just need to make you all aware of my experience so you don't go thru it too.

Back