I am a failure today haha

congrats on your first oil change :beerchug: im to lazy to remove the fairing,never takin it off yet.just loosen the bottom

I thought about doing that..just taking the bottom retaining pins out? But didn't want to bend the fairing too much..figure I would have probably got oil everywhere too haha

Changing oil on the busa is a pita. I don't know why they didn't just route the exhaust off to the side abit, and make a small opening in the front bottom plastics like on the 14, so you can remove the filter without having to take off a single piece of plastic. Maybe with the 3rd gen eh?

For someone who had to go buy tools to change oil -- I say you did great!

Practically no repair goes as planned. The easiest repair is only one stripped bolt away from being a nightmare. Point is you did it...

Here's a pointer for you - learned the hard way - don't leave oil or grease standing around on the ground if you have a dog, cat or small child.

I finished a job on my jeep leaving grease and oil on the floor - I'll clean it tomorrow I thought - well my lab made a quick circuit of the garage and proceeded back into the house. A murderous scream from the house was the first sign something was wrong. You guessed it the dog ruined basically every carpet and rug in the house! Lesson learned.

Been there done that, wasn't a motorcycle but the out come was the same. Chalk it up to a "slow" moment and a really solid reason to double check everything no matter who is doing the wrench turning. Think of it as a flush job?:whistle:

Changed mine yesterday for the second time, still a pita, I feel your pain and congrats on your first oil change!

Back