Oil Change Suprise

Big Red

Donating Member
Registered
all_coholic.gif
It was that time again so after draining the oil, the filter was next. I noticed a little oil around the bottom  of the engine near the oil filter but didn't pay much attention to it untill I grabbed the oil filter and twisted it off--- with out a wrench! Last time the oil and filter was changed was at the Suzuki stealership so that is the last time I will allow them to work on my bike--- except to change out the tires.

Trust them with your engine and she may not start...
Trust them with your tires and you may not start...

What to do???

I here you, that's the only thing I let them do now and working on a changer real soon I hope.

GL

beerchug.gif

So how is it, that it's possible to  
hijack.gif
"Arghh" "your own" thread
rock.gif
.  I thought you were going to express insane delight at your discovery as to how well a Busa runs with synthetic oil and how-much-different it feels.  Heck I got Gofaster on Amsoil and he didn't shut up for at least two weeks.  All I could say was "John, I told ya to expect some changes in feel and rider experience, i.e. throttle feel, vibration, shifting, all that stuff"......
pillepalle.gif
"HELLOOOOoooooo
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
"..........
coolold.gif

and you're surprised that your oil filter wasn't on tight enough
rock.gif
?...
sadnews.gif
.....No one touches the SpudleyBusa....No one....now don't get me started on incompetence in the repair industry...
shutup.gif
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

whats oil do you guys use. My 500 mile oil change is soon and I need to change but what weight and what brand?

whats oil do you guys use. My 500 mile oil change is soon and I need to change but what weight and what brand?
Mobil one MX4T 10w-40. I believe it's labeled under Race, but it's the same thing.
super.gif
Just changed mine to Mobil 1 4T and I noticed quite a bit of improvement. Primarily, it now goes in 6th gear without a hassle and for that matter all the rest of the gear changes are much smoother and easier now too. I love the stuff,
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
from me.

ThumbsUp.gif

I use RP racing 51. Works very well. My thought is simple....at the speeds we run at I do not want a conrod comming through the block at 300kph!!!!!!My next change will be Mobile 1 due to the availablity of product vs RP.

Amsoil MCF 10w40 for me....whatever synthetic you decide on, "make sure" it's quality stuff and made for moto's. Friction modifiers are a MUST for us "wet-clutch-big-horsepower-types !!!!!"
super.gif

Have been using Slikolene Pro 4 Plus, this last time just before my dyno tune I changed to Motorex because the dealer was out of Silkolene. All synthetic all the time baby!
beerchug.gif

Back