Here it is Obamas Gun Control

The problem here is that it sets a precedent, and a silly precedent. "Assault rifles" continue to be significantly (To the point of being statistically irrelevant) underrepresented in crimes.

There was NO surge in "assault Rifle" crime after the sunset of the last AWB so it's just assinine and insulting to ones intelligence that this type of legislation pops up to take away or eliminate the possibility of responsible gun owners getting hold of such weapons. It's pointless legislation.

So sure, lets focus only on ourselves, only on our own specific needs or interests... Might as well, it's the American Way...

I couldn't agree more, this is senseless feel good liberalism at it best ( worst )

Feinstein's been sprouting her anti-gun crap for 15 years. Listen to Obama's stance on it and you'll realize that nothing more than cleaning up the registrations will change.

You've got to be kidding me...:banghead:
WWWAAAAAAKKKKEEE UPPPPP

In the House, HR2038 has been introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y. Instead of a "reauthorization" of the earlier ban, McCarthy wants to ban millions more guns and begin a backdoor national registration scheme. All told, HR2038 is a giant step closer to the goal stated by the assault-weapons ban sponsor, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on CBS "60 Minutes": "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

:moon:

HR2038 Died 4 year ago and never even made it out of committee.

This doesn't mean that it could not come back up but instead of running around like chicken little try to be a little current on what is going on.

If proposed, this type of legislation should be defeated by concerned citizens contacting their congressmen, but when you toss out old stuff to spin everyone up it doesn't help anything.

No one's taking my guns, ever. My kids will inherit them. No one will take yours either. How many on this forum would willingly give them up?

It wouldn't be that hard. The resistance other than verbal would only come from criminals.

Well that's the problem isn't it? Knock at your door, 5 National Guardsman outside with a talking head and a clip board...

They are here for your weapons...

What do you do??? Pull out your GAT and start blasting? Shut the door? Deny you have any weapons?

There's the classic NRA fantasy of "from my cold dead hands" but when reality strikes, what really is the course of action. Surrender your weapons and continue to live a happy life with your family?

OR

Death and maybe jail? Leaving your now UNARMED family to fend for themselves?

IT concerns me a little bit... My instant response is that I'm a dead shot out to about 150yrds and I've got plenty of ammo and concrete. But in the end I am still either dead or facing life in prison. Both completely full of fail...

SO yeah I dunno... How about you?

I guess that would reduce me to killing by other means, but that didn't happen prior to gunpowder did it ...

Last edited:
Feinstein's been sprouting her anti-gun crap for 15 years. Listen to Obama's stance on it and you'll realize that nothing more than cleaning up the registrations will change.

You're wrong. I'm seeing a one term president.

HR2038 Died 4 year ago and never even made it out of committee.

This doesn't mean that it could not come back up but instead of running around like chicken little try to be a little current on what is going on.

If proposed, this type of legislation should be defeated by concerned citizens contacting their congressmen, but when you toss out old stuff to spin everyone up it doesn't help anything.

Don't give me the be current chicken little crap, I know HR2038 died but the agenda and attitude has always been there. And if you don't think they are sitting wringing there hands you are a fool.

You really think when the new version shows up you can contact your
congress woman, like Fienstien and she'll listen to YOU :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Generally on issues of this nature, a politicians mind and belief system is
already made up. A few phone calls wont do jack that is why it is important
to know the politicians stance and vote accordingly.

Current...I'll give you current ???....how about a Democratic Congress and it's
liberal member (from Illinios no less) is President.

Last edited:

so seeking a permanent federal assault weapons ban, as stated on the white house website, is nothing more than cleaning up the registrations?

Are you so blinded by your love for this administration that you aren't willing to look at the facts? It is right there in black and white lettering on the white house website. Those that say it won't happen should wake up. We have a democratic majority in the house and senate as well as a liberal president. The republicans couldn't stop the huge pork spending bill that has been labeled a stimulus package, what makes you think they have the votes to stop any anti gun legislation?

And a few other facts while we are at it about semi automatic rifles, otherwise referred to by liberals as assault weapons.

They do have sporting purposes, I know many people who use them to hunt varmints and nuisance animals where no laws are broken.

They do have recreation purposes, I know many people who use them for target shooting and recreation shooting where no laws are broken.

They do have home defense purposes, although a shotgun at close quarters is more devastating and effective, there is no law against protecting your life and the lives of family members with one of these semi automatic rifles.

They aren't machine guns as most liberals would want you to believe.

This ban will not make life safer for police officers or make the streets safer. I don't know of one officer in my area that supports such a ban, and believe me it is talked about amongst us, often at great length.

There are very few crimes committed with them and there was not a spike in crimes after the sunset of the last ban. If banned again the ban will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make the streets of America safer.

At the sunset of the last ban I remember seeing a newspaper story that had pictures of many guns laid out on tables. Next to the tables stood Mayor Daley of Chicago. His statement was that because of the assault weapons ban all of those guns had been taken off the streets of Chicago. He insinuated that if the ban was allowed to sunset the streets of Chicago would become a blood bath. THIS WAS A LIE!! That bill had no provisions in it for taking those guns off the streets. The laws already on the books were what was used and continues to be used to remove illegal weapons from the streets. Those same laws still remain.

The only persons disenfranchised by such a bill are those who legally own or buy such weapons. A ban of these weapons will not prevent them from being on the streets. Criminals that obtain weapons such as these do not obtain them legally in the first place. The black market is alive and well and not in a recession

which rule...the 2nd amendment...that's the one they want to flush down
the toilet.

Sorry it was an internet etiquette flick thasherfox put on us a few days ago talking about " you've lost the argument as soon as you throw Nazi or Hitler out there "

which rule...the 2nd amendment...that's the one they want to flush down
the toilet.

don't forget they also don't support the first amendment. They want to silence conservative talk radio because they don't like what is being said.

They only overturned the DC gunban law by 5-4...it's not like we're
bowling them over. Shoulda been 9-0...

Do you remember the DC councilman that shot the dude in his pool. Per DC law he should not have had that weapon, and he voted the law in. :rofl:

That's two of us. I look for approval ratings well under 50% by the time we hit the six month mark.

Sure his approval ratings are high right now, 68% at the end of his first week, down from 83% at inauguration.

Point of interest, at the end of his first week of his presidency, President Jimmy Carter had a 66% approval rating. We all know how that one turned out.

Heck I'm pretty sure Feinstein had a conceal permit and a gun...

Double standards...Fat arsed Rosie (who makes me ill) spewed out gun
control then hires an armed body guard...list goes on and on.

That's two of us. I look for approval ratings well under 50% by the time we hit the six month mark.

Sure his approval ratings are high right now, 68% at the end of his first week, down from 83% at inauguration.

Point of interest, at the end of his first week of his presidency, President Jimmy Carter had a 66% approval rating. We all know how that one turned out.

I see two terms...
Everything for a long time will be Bush's fault and the liberal press love him
factor in Democrat are not responsible for anything...they get a pass.
Whether it's cigar fun in the oval office, hanging out with known terrorists,
or the new Treasure Secretary not paying his taxes...it's all o.k.

The hatred for Bush was so strong...I don't see the honeymoon being over
till year 5-6, in his second term.

Plus...the GOP has got to have a heck of a candidate to win next. I will give
Obama this, he is a great speaker. We can't throw out Bob Dole and take the
white house back.

Last edited:
don't forget they also don't support the first amendment. They want to silence conservative talk radio because they don't like what is being said.

so seeking a permanent federal assault weapons ban, as stated on the white house website, is nothing more than cleaning up the registrations?

Are you so blinded by your love for this administration that you aren't willing to look at the facts? It is right there in black and white lettering on the white house website. Those that say it won't happen should wake up. We have a democratic majority in the house and senate as well as a liberal president. The republicans couldn't stop the huge pork spending bill that has been labeled a stimulus package, what makes you think they have the votes to stop any anti gun legislation?

And a few other facts while we are at it about semi automatic rifles, otherwise referred to by liberals as assault weapons.

They do have sporting purposes, I know many people who use them to hunt varmints and nuisance animals where no laws are broken.

They do have recreation purposes, I know many people who use them for target shooting and recreation shooting where no laws are broken.

They do have home defense purposes, although a shotgun at close quarters is more devastating and effective, there is no law against protecting your life and the lives of family members with one of these semi automatic rifles.

They aren't machine guns as most liberals would want you to believe.

This ban will not make life safer for police officers or make the streets safer. I don't know of one officer in my area that supports such a ban, and believe me it is talked about amongst us, often at great length.

There are very few crimes committed with them and there was not a spike in crimes after the sunset of the last ban. If banned again the ban will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make the streets of America safer.

At the sunset of the last ban I remember seeing a newspaper story that had pictures of many guns laid out on tables. Next to the tables stood Mayor Daley of Chicago. His statement was that because of the assault weapons ban all of those guns had been taken off the streets of Chicago. He insinuated that if the ban was allowed to sunset the streets of Chicago would become a blood bath. THIS WAS A LIE!! That bill had no provisions in it for taking those guns off the streets. The laws already on the books were what was used and continues to be used to remove illegal weapons from the streets. Those same laws still remain.

The only persons disenfranchised by such a bill are those who legally own or buy such weapons. A ban of these weapons will not prevent them from being on the streets. Criminals that obtain weapons such as these do not obtain them legally in the first place. The black market is alive and well and not in a recession

Blah blah blah.....

You are preaching to the choir. I agreed with your stance on this the first 300 times you ranted about it. I still agree with you. The fact is, there is really not a whole lot you can do until some legislation is presented. As soon as it is, I will be on the phone and sending emails, that is what everyone who is opposed to it should do. Until then all this rant is just waisted air.

As for banning talk shows please shom me that somewhere. All I ever heard was President Obama say that you can't run a country based on what Rush Limbough says. Or something like that. Which is true but in no way amounts to banning him or anything. I may have missed something pertaining to this and if so please point me in the right direction.

Blah blah blah.....

You are preaching to the choir. I agreed with your stance on this the first 300 times you ranted about it. I still agree with you. The fact is, there is really not a whole lot you can do until some legislation is presented. As soon as it is, I will be on the phone and sending emails, that is what everyone who is opposed to it should do. Until then all this rant is just waisted air.

As for banning talk shows please shom me that somewhere. All I ever heard was President Obama say that you can't run a country based on what Rush Limbough says. Or something like that. Which is true but in no way amounts to banning him or anything. I may have missed something pertaining to this and if so please point me in the right direction.

I guess I just imagined that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has a petition going against Limbaugh

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

Huh? What's the length of Obama's term have to do with Feinstein's life long war against guns? And besides, you're wrong, get ready for 8 years of Obama nation :muscle:

I guess I just imagined that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has a petition going against Limbaugh

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

So because they have a button you can click on to show outrage over Limbough's comments you see that as a move by the legislative branch to ban him? That is a pretty big leap. They have a list of petittion and there is not one pertaining to limbough. You would think that it might at least start there. Also I noticed at the bottom of the page: Paid for by Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee • 430 S Capitol Street, S.E. Washington, D.C. 20003 • (202) 863-1500 • Privacy Policy
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Throttle in the emotional reactionism and do more than spout spin, leave that to the talking heads.

I agree with your opposition to any limitation to the 2nd Amemdment
I would support any effort to defend the 1st Amendment 100%

So me an actual threat and I will do everything I can do to defeat it. Save the spin because it confuses the issue and is not helping.

You make to much sense! We wont listen to you!

I'm used to it.....not being listened to that is :lol:. Compare assault weapons with marijuana. Pot's still around, and even during the 10 year "ban", so were the weapons. I think everybody is up in arms (ha-ha) about our new President and everybody wants to take a pot shot (ha-ha again) at his ideas.

I know, keep my day job....:whistle:

Back