Texas on Gun Control or our New King that is!

Good for him!

I'm still baffled at the sheer amount of idiots in this country.
Lets limit magazine capacity to 7 to 10 rounds.
That will save countless lives...right. How much practice does it take to change magazines quickly? And, how many seconds does that take?
Maybe save a shooter from getting off a round or two, but these cowards are only shooting at unarmed people. Changing mags would only hinder your ability when people are shooting back at you.
Sorry to point out the obvious(at least to those of us with common sense). But any new gun restriction is progress to Barrack Osama, his cronies, and a big percentage of the idiots that put him in office.
Rant over.
Great to see people in positions of authority fighting back!:thumbsup:

Good for him!

I'm still baffled at the sheer amount of idiots in this country.
Lets limit magazine capacity to 7 to 10 rounds.
That will save countless lives...right. How much practice does it take to change magazines quickly? And, how many seconds does that take?
Maybe save a shooter from getting off a round or two, but these cowards are only shooting at unarmed people. Changing mags would only hinder your ability when people are shooting back at you.
Sorry to point out the obvious(at least to those of us with common sense). But any new gun restriction is progress to Barrack Osama, his cronies, and a big percentage of the idiots that put him in office.
Rant over.
Great to see people in positions of authority fighting back!:thumbsup:

Well to take your post a step farther and what will probably really happen is the shooter; a violator of the law will probably have all kinds of illegal items in his possession during the commission of a crime.

In other words, criminals don't care about the law. :laugh:

In the poorest economy since the Great Depression, gun manufactures are in the midst of a windfall. It smacks of motivation, driven by profit, rather than protecting our rights :laugh:

How much you wanna bet that at least some of the anti-gun government crowd own stock in gun and ammo companies. Or are getting richer somehow from it.:beerchug:

How much you wanna bet that at least some of the anti-gun government crowd own stock in gun and ammo companies. Or are getting richer somehow from it.:beerchug:

Oh, our friends in Washington don't do anything until the check clears the bank. That's for sure. See one buying land in your area and you can guess you're about to get an interstate highway :laugh:

In the poorest economy since the Great Depression, gun manufactures are in the midst of a windfall. It smacks of motivation, driven by profit, rather than protecting our rights :laugh:

Well...er....uh..:laugh: Prolly, but I like my guns so I consider it a win-win if they keep selling them, I can keep buying them :thumbsup:

Their efforts are a carefully planned attack. They are brainwashing the masses. The anti gun crowd keeps saying 'oh I support the 2nd Amend' and 'who hunts with an Ar15?'. They carefully repeat those two together and the more they do the more the general population who didn't pay attn in 7th grade history or didn't take it believe its not really going to hurt anyone or anything.
When an elected politician says he supports the 2A and then tries to associate it with hunting or sporting your done. You're already dealing with one who either knows the origins of self defense and won't admit it or one who could care less about knowing the truth as it sounds ludicrous once you get past the first sentence. You may as well stop and realize the two of you are on different sides of a line clearly drawn. I don't understand why the pro gun politicians are not clearly explaining and campaigning history. Every chance they get they should be reciting the origins of bearing arms and the history of this nation.
I admire Japan because they still hold onto and revere their traditions and history. We are trying to erase our own by not publicly recognizing it.

Their efforts are a carefully planned attack. They are brainwashing the masses. The anti gun crowd keeps saying 'oh I support the 2nd Amend' and 'who hunts with an Ar15?'. They carefully repeat those two together and the more they do the more the general population who didn't pay attn in 7th grade history or didn't take it believe its not really going to hurt anyone or anything.
When an elected politician says he supports the 2A and then tries to associate it with hunting or sporting your done. You're already dealing with one who either knows the origins of self defense and won't admit it or one who could care less about knowing the truth as it sounds ludicrous once you get past the first sentence. You may as well stop and realize the two of you are on different sides of a line clearly drawn. I don't understand why the pro gun politicians are not clearly explaining and campaigning history. Every chance they get they should be reciting the origins of bearing arms and the history of this nation.
I admire Japan because they still hold onto and revere their traditions and history. We are trying to erase our own by not publicly recognizing it.

Anyone associating the 2nd amendment with hunting, either does not understand the point of it, or is deliberately undermining it.

Oregon, Texas officials warn White House against enforcing new gun regulations | Fox News :please:

State officials in Oregon and Texas are vowing to fight back against any attempt by the federal government to impose new gun control laws.

The warnings come as President Obama on Wednesday unveiled a comprehensive plan to address gun violence, based on the recommendations from the Vice President Biden-led task force. The plan includes a call for legislation to ban assault weapons as well as a variety of executive actions.

But in Oregon, Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote a letter to Biden Monday saying his department will not enforce any new gun laws it considers unconstitutional.

Mueller said politicians are "attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims" by supporting laws that would harm law-abiding Americans. The sheriff said he took an oath to support the Constitution, and laws preventing citizens from owning certain semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines would violate their rights.

"We are Americans," Mueller wrote. "We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws."

Meanwhile, 1200 WOAI reports that in Texas, Republican state Rep. Steve Toth plans to introduce a bill that would make it illegal to enforce in the state any federal laws restricting semi-automatic firearms or the size of gun magazines.

Toth told 1200 WOAI that the bill would also call for felony charges to be brought against federal officials who attempt to enforce any such rules.

"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI.

The warnings could be the first wave of state officials pushing back against Congress and the White House as they take up new gun control measures in the wake of the Connecticut mass shooting. Obama and others say new rules to at least limit the size of high-capacity magazines are overdue and could save lives.

Mueller, though, told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Albany, Ore., that he felt compelled to make his views known because sheriffs have not had much of a say on the vice president's anti-gun violence task force. Mueller said his constituents have been repeatedly asking his deputies about what will happen if new gun restrictions are adopted.

"We're restricted and prohibited from enforcing all types of federal laws, including immigration laws," he said Tuesday. "It would be unreasonable for anyone to think that I would enforce a federal firearms law."

Mueller said some other sheriffs expressed support for his stance, but he does not know of any who have pledged to take similar action in regard to potential gun laws.

Linn County is largely rural and politically conservative. Fewer than 40 percent of its registered voters supported President Barack Obama in November. Mueller said most households in the county have guns.

Though the letter might add fuel to an already hot topic, Mueller said he wishes people could have a civilized discussion about the issue, rather than resort to threats and name-calling. He said he doesn't think the vice president is a bad person; he just doesn't like the path he appears to be on regarding gun laws.

"We don't have to be jerks to each other over it," he said. "If old Joe wants to come out here to Linn County, we'd have a good conversation."

yeah....this is about as likely as the secession petitions being approved. Not that I like the way the "gun control" thing is playing out, but lets just be real.

Back