Here it is Obamas Gun Control

"Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

This would be nothing more than feel good legislation. It would do NOTHING to address the real problem and would only impose on the rights of those who own and buy the guns legally. The federal assault weapons ban did absolutely NOTHING to help remove illegal guns from the streets. Every single gun that was taken off the street during that 10 year period was done so by using laws which are already on the books. What it did do was make it harder for military and law enforcement personnel to get the things they needed. To purchase high capacity magazines was a nightmare because of all the paperwork that had to be completed and many just did without because it wasn't worth the effort.

" They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

This would be nothing more than feel good legislation. It would do NOTHING to address the real problem and would only impose on the rights of those who own and buy the guns legally. The federal assault weapons ban did absolutely NOTHING to help remove illegal guns from the streets. Every single gun that was taken off the street during that 10 year period was done so by using laws which are already on the books. What it did do was make it harder for military and law enforcement personnel to get the things they needed. To purchase high capacity magazines was a nightmare because of all the paperwork that had to be completed and many just did without because it wasn't worth the effort.

The Assault Weapons Ban just proves my point on the Stupidity of Liberals
and how they use emotion instead of logic. Anyone who knows anything about
it realize it is a totally worthless piece of legisation with a feel good name.
I can't believe it would even be spoken out of any reasonable persons mouth

1-Restrict mag capacity to 10 rounds: The average altercation with a firearm
I believe is around 1.3 shots fired...maybe it's 2.3 shots. Not to mention...
I can push a button and change a mag in about a second and so can a criminal.
This accomplishes...what :banghead:

2-Couldn't have a bayonet lug on my Ar...:rofl: How many homies do you see
car jacking with a bayonet.

3-Couldn't have a collapising stock on my Ar...:rofl: Funny...I always thought
the dangerous part was the other end.

All and any you still get pre-ban if you wanted to pay.
The part that kills me...even if you made ALL mags over 10 rounds illegal
forever regardless of when they were made...do they really think criminals
will not commit the crime because they don't have enough bullets in their gun
OR...will turn in their high cap mags....

The Stupidity is frustrating...They keep passing laws that affect me instead of
enforcing the ones they already have. Throw the gosh darn book at gun crime
and give them 25 years for a felon in possesion of a firearm NO PAROLE.
Firing a weapon with intent to kill (other than self defense) get you the chair.

No trying to offend but that's the problem I have with liberals/Dems that
are in favor of this kind stupity...if you can't figure this glaring a basic logic
pattern...how can figure out health care logically or social security...the
Iraqi war, etc....

It's not about crime, it's about CONTROL plain and simple.

WHEN our way of life,...is "changed" (see collapses) our betters do not want people to have the means to bring about real change for themselves.

Our founding fathers knew what they were talking about.

Chris

I like having options! Even if it means at gun point, but that is the last tool I want to use if I had too. When Isabell hit here in Va beach, and there was no power for weeks. Peoples things were getting stolen etc. It sucks when you cant even keep your own things from getting taken from you let alone protect yourself and love ones! Even in a time of crisis! So what are you controlling......NOTHING! Criminials will do whatever they want, when ever they want! But we have to go through all this paper work and restrictions on almost everything just to be able to have the option to protect ourselves. Sorry for my rant!!!!

It is exatcly what Germnay and Hitler did.

Before they EVER started any of their crap, the first thing they did was disarm the country so there could not be any opposition.

Once a country's civilian population is disarmed then the government can do whatever it likes without the worries of reprocussion

Any of you liberals that dont see this really and seriously need to sit down in a quiet room, open your mind and try to see how dangerous this could be for our population.

You really want the most powerful nation in the world to do whatever it wants without having to worry about an internal uprising? Seriously, at some level the government has to allways be a little concerned about this, and they know the hard they push to control us the more likely they will have an internal uprising.

If our government did what the voters wanted, they wouldnt have to worry about it.

It is all about governemtn doing what they THINK is in our best interest and not what WE feel is in our best interest.

Total and complete loss of free will

Before they EVER started any of their crap, the first thing they did was disarm the country so there could not be any opposition.

Once a country's civilian population is disarmed then the government can do whatever it likes without the worries of reprocussion

Any of you liberals that dont see this really and seriously need to sit down in a quiet room, open your mind and try to see how dangerous this could be for our population.

You really want the most powerful nation in the world to do whatever it wants without having to worry about an internal uprising? Seriously, at some level the government has to allways be a little concerned about this, and they know the hard they push to control us the more likely they will have an internal uprising.

If our government did what the voters wanted, they wouldnt have to worry about it.

It is all about government doing what they THINK is in our best interest and not what WE feel is in our best interest.

^^ This.

The only thing I don't get is "Why?"

Honestly, why would the government do something other than carry out the wishes of the people who put them in power? It can't all be bribes and lobbyists. I think Douglas Adams said something to the effect of

"To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting elected President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."

The old saying of "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" is more true today than years ago when it was first spoken.

Over my years, I have found that the definition of Success to a Liberal is NOT if it works or limits Freedoms on those people who are lawbiding (which is generally the ONLY people it effects) . But, Success is measured ONLY in their Intent, not whether or not it did anything other than complicate, cost Big Time $$$$$ and limit Your Freedom :laugh:

The Assault Weapons Ban just proves my point on the Stupidity of Liberals
and how they use emotion instead of logic. Anyone who knows anything about
it realize it is a totally worthless piece of legisation with a feel good name.
I can't believe it would even be spoken out of any reasonable persons mouth

1-Restrict mag capacity to 10 rounds: The average altercation with a firearm
I believe is around 1.3 shots fired...maybe it's 2.3 shots. Not to mention...
I can push a button and change a mag in about a second and so can a criminal.
This accomplishes...what :banghead:

2-Couldn't have a bayonet lug on my Ar...:rofl: How many homies do you see
car jacking with a bayonet.

3-Couldn't have a collapising stock on my Ar...:rofl: Funny...I always thought
the dangerous part was the other end.

All and any you still get pre-ban if you wanted to pay.
The part that kills me...even if you made ALL mags over 10 rounds illegal
forever regardless of when they were made...do they really think criminals
will not commit the crime because they don't have enough bullets in their gun
OR...will turn in their high cap mags....

The Stupidity is frustrating...They keep passing laws that affect me instead of
enforcing the ones they already have. Throw the gosh darn book at gun crime
and give them 25 years for a felon in possesion of a firearm NO PAROLE.
Firing a weapon with intent to kill (other than self defense) get you the chair.

No trying to offend but that's the problem I have with liberals/Dems that
are in favor of this kind stupity...if you can't figure this glaring a basic logic
pattern...how can figure out health care logically or social security...the
Iraqi war, etc....

And this of course JIT is the other shoe... I am so frustrated by this BS. On the one hand I think Obama might be able to make real "POSITIVE" changes for America. On the other hand, this sort of mentally deficient legislation just baffles me.

Here in the NW I have run into a few Liberal Gun Owners. Makes the head hurt but they are out there.

However, I just couldn't see basing my entire political belief system on one issue. Are my weapons important to me? Absolutely, but after watching the republicans for the last 8 years bring this country to it's knees? I just cannot stand by and vote R simply because I like things that go Boom.

But the whole stinky pile of poo makes my head hurt.

This is not a threat to gun ownership, but an attempt to monitor the sale and transfer of guns. It's similar to the paper trail of owning a car. People that own guns respect laws and the importance of gun safety, so this shouldn't be considered a step in the wrong direction. Some faith in the fact that Obama has good intentions and respects gun ownership would go a long way here.

It is all about governemtn doing what they THINK is in our best interest and not what WE feel is in our best interest.

After all is said and done it will be rise up my muslem brethern.

This is not a threat to gun ownership, but an attempt to monitor the sale and transfer of guns. It's similar to the paper trail of owning a car. People that own guns respect laws and the importance of gun safety, so this shouldn't be considered a step in the wrong direction. Some faith in the fact that Obama has good intentions and respects gun ownership would go a long way here.

You make to much sense! We wont listen to you!

I carried my 9 mill legally for years and still do. I don't really feel like I need an AK 47 to defend my family from criminals. As long as I can carry my handguns, I am fine. I don't think they want to ban all guns. :whistle:

It is nothing until it is introduced as legislation. Keep a look out and once it is introduced contact your representatives and let them know how you feel
Posted via Mobile Device

Surely they will never take my guns. seems unreal they would even talk about it. whats next? free speech?

Back