Here it is Obamas Gun Control

Surely they will never take my guns. seems unreal they would even talk about it. whats next? free speech?

You've got to be kidding me...:banghead:
WWWAAAAAAKKKKEEE UPPPPP

In the House, HR2038 has been introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y. Instead of a "reauthorization" of the earlier ban, McCarthy wants to ban millions more guns and begin a backdoor national registration scheme. All told, HR2038 is a giant step closer to the goal stated by the assault-weapons ban sponsor, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on CBS "60 Minutes": "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

:moon:

I carried my 9 mill legally for years and still do. I don't really feel like I need an AK 47 to defend my family from criminals. As long as I can carry my handguns, I am fine. I don't think they want to ban all guns. :whistle:

The problem here is that it sets a precedent, and a silly precedent. "Assault rifles" continue to be significantly (To the point of being statistically irrelevant) underrepresented in crimes.

There was NO surge in "assault Rifle" crime after the sunset of the last AWB so it's just assinine and insulting to ones intelligence that this type of legislation pops up to take away or eliminate the possibility of responsible gun owners getting hold of such weapons. It's pointless legislation.

So sure, lets focus only on ourselves, only on our own specific needs or interests... Might as well, it's the American Way...

Nah, thats been done before. Had to live through that for 8 years.

Sorry BenWa Nobody paying any attention to you again? :rofl:

Lets try and stay focused on the topic... Or at least somewhere near the topic.

No one's taking my guns, ever. My kids will inherit them. No one will take yours either. How many on this forum would willingly give them up?

No one's taking my guns, ever. My kids will inherit them. No one will take yours either. How many on this forum would willingly give them up?

Well that's the problem isn't it? Knock at your door, 5 National Guardsman outside with a talking head and a clip board...

They are here for your weapons...

What do you do??? Pull out your GAT and start blasting? Shut the door? Deny you have any weapons?

There's the classic NRA fantasy of "from my cold dead hands" but when reality strikes, what really is the course of action. Surrender your weapons and continue to live a happy life with your family?

OR

Death and maybe jail? Leaving your now UNARMED family to fend for themselves?

IT concerns me a little bit... My instant response is that I'm a dead shot out to about 150yrds and I've got plenty of ammo and concrete. But in the end I am still either dead or facing life in prison. Both completely full of fail...

SO yeah I dunno... How about you?

Politians prefer unarmed peasants--- especially liberal Democrats and one worlders:moon:

You've got to be kidding me...:banghead:
WWWAAAAAAKKKKEEE UPPPPP

In the House, HR2038 has been introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y. Instead of a "reauthorization" of the earlier ban, McCarthy wants to ban millions more guns and begin a backdoor national registration scheme. All told, HR2038 is a giant step closer to the goal stated by the assault-weapons ban sponsor, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on CBS "60 Minutes": "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

:moon:

Feinstein's been sprouting her anti-gun crap for 15 years. Listen to Obama's stance on it and you'll realize that nothing more than cleaning up the registrations will change.

Well that's the problem isn't it? Knock at your door, 5 National Guardsman outside with a talking head and a clip board...

They are here for your weapons...

What do you do??? Pull out your GAT and start blasting? Shut the door? Deny you have any weapons?

There's the classic NRA fantasy of "from my cold dead hands" but when reality strikes, what really is the course of action. Surrender your weapons and continue to live a happy life with your family?

OR

Death and maybe jail? Leaving your now UNARMED family to fend for themselves?

IT concerns me a little bit... My instant response is that I'm a dead shot out to about 150yrds and I've got plenty of ammo and concrete. But in the end I am still either dead or facing life in prison. Both completely full of fail...

SO yeah I dunno... How about you?

Kinda sobering isn't it. Yeah the "cold dead" catch phrase is nice but in
reality, when your standing all alone between you and your family the armed
men at your door...???

Let us also remember this happened recently when the guard went door to
door on the orders of the stupid mayor/governor of New Orleans taking
weapon from law abiding citizens leaving them defenseless in the midst of
chaos and lack of law enforcement....WOW:banghead: at a time with no
law enforcement, rumors of rape gangs, and the "special" segment of the
population taking pot shots at rescue helicopters..."they" decide you don't
need or have the right to defend your own family.

When I heard this I often thought what I would do when the men and women
who serve our country knock on my door...I truely do not know.

Feinstein's been sprouting her anti-gun crap for 15 years. Listen to Obama's stance on it and you'll realize that nothing more than cleaning up the registrations will change.

If you think she's alone your crazy...The Dems are in the majority and they
can pass what they want and I gaurentee...OBAMA WILL SIGN IT.

If she gets her 51 votes...do you really think the O-man will veto and
protect your 2nd amendment rights :rofl:

Oh it probably wont be all at once, they will probably inch it forward...
unless we start getting a rash of gun violence being reported...oh wait...
we have.

I don't know if anyone's notice but I used to read about a gun violence
story maybe 1 every 6 months...now it seems like my paper/internet
is hyping it every other week. I really don't believe it's an increase, I
think it's the liberal media's agenda and sensationalism to prime the public
and sway opinion for a major gun push...probably 6 months to a year then
lookout :moon: their first of many new..."regulations" should start to unfold.

1-Restrict mag capacity to 10 rounds:

Originally I think it outlawed 15 round mags you could still buy 30 round mags :laugh:

You could also buy the parts to assemble an assault weapon, you just couldn't buy the entire weapon.

All of my weapons violations come from handguns anyway.

I agree with enforce the laws you have on the books. I doubt you'll see money to build federal prisons out of this group, open up half way houses of course.

^^ This.

The only thing I don't get is "Why?"

Honestly, why would the government do something other than carry out the wishes of the people who put them in power? It can't all be bribes and lobbyists. I think Douglas Adams said something to the effect of

"To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting elected President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."

Well put ...

The old saying of "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" is more true today than years ago when it was first spoken.

I'm seeing so many kids around here with guns, it's not even funny. Probably 50% of arrest include a firearm. Most of which are on felons. No telling how many others have them but throw them before arrest.

This is not a threat to gun ownership, but an attempt to monitor the sale and transfer of guns. It's similar to the paper trail of owning a car. People that own guns respect laws and the importance of gun safety, so this shouldn't be considered a step in the wrong direction. Some faith in the fact that Obama has good intentions and respects gun ownership would go a long way here.

What part of ban didn't you get :banghead:

Politicians have their own agenda and when did they become honest?
do you think they tell what you want to hear to get elected or ...
if Obama and company really wanted to take all the guns...do you think
he would tell you up front. He's a POLITICIAN

When exactly did the government START carrying out the wishes of it's people ???
Once elected, they do what they please....along with trying to buy the swing vote

I carried my 9 mill legally for years and still do. I don't really feel like I need an AK 47 to defend my family from criminals. As long as I can carry my handguns, I am fine. I don't think they want to ban all guns. :whistle:

Here's the problem. Criminals aren't allowed to have weapons. You are only restricting law abiding citizens. Criminals will have what they want. So banning assault weapons does what ? Nothing as far as crime goes.

Surely they will never take my guns. seems unreal they would even talk about it. whats next? free speech?

I pray the Supreme Court wouldn't allow this. However if that court becomes liberal it is more than feasible.

I pray the Supreme Court wouldn't allow this. However if that court becomes liberal it is more than feasible.

They only overturned the DC gunban law by 5-4...it's not like we're
bowling them over. Shoulda been 9-0...

Back