Marlin Firearms Closing!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
(email that was sent to me)

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS PASS THIS ON PLEASE

I thought you all would be interested in this.........

One more limb on the tree of truth.!! Our country is being stolen in leaps and bounds. Their plan is if they cannot take our rights, they will make them so expensive that we can no longer afford to participate in them.!!

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS

Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this.
I checked this out on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. I trust them more than snopes.

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsmen/women. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters.

Something You May Not Know That Is Happening ... Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some Research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Interesting email, but a quick look at the Marlin Firearms site (Marlin Firearms) doesn't mention anything about the company closing, nore could I find any news on this. I did look at Wikipedia and found the following:

Acquisitions

In November 2000, Marlin purchased the assets of H&R 1871, Inc., a Massachusetts-based manufacturer of shotguns and rifles (New England Firearms branded), founded in 1871, and now located in Gardner, Massachusetts. Marketing its products under the brand names of Harrington & Richardson and New England Firearms, H&R 1871 claimed to be the largest manufacturer of Single-shot shotguns and rifles in the world. In December 2007 Remington Arms Company purchased Marlin. Remington announced in April 2008 that it would close the Gardner manufacturing plant by the end of 2008 affecting 200 workers. In March 2010, Marlin announced that it would close its North Haven plant, and move the work to Remington plants in Ilion, New York, and Mayfield, Kentucky.

...but none of that is recent news

--Sky

I guess I should have added that I don't believe Marlin Firearms is closing at this time.

--Sky

I have noticed that the older New Haven production leverguns have been bumping up in price since the New Haven closing. Nice Guns, I have 444, 44, & 308mx.

I do not believe that they are closing. I think the email that the OP posted is a load of crap. If you google "Marlin Firearms Closing" there are a bunch of people online askign if it is true, but no news supporting the truth of it.

--Sky

For every gun company that closes another will open.. Too much supply and demand....

For every gun company that closes another will open.. Too much supply and demand....

Being that they are one of the oldest American gun makers and basically a part of this country I don't see them closing. Maybe being bought, reorganized or whatever but I think there will be Marlin .22s being made forever. Least I hope so.

When I lived in Ct we drove up to the factory (late 80s) to buy a couple parts for my 783 .22 Magnum.
We walked right in and got served by the nicest folks. Then we got a free tour of the facility. Very cool experience.

In Unusual Move, Cerberus to Sell Freedom Group, a Gun Company - NYTimes.com

Earlybird check your source.
Cerberus is owned by Mr Feinberg a republican and shooter. He still has Dan Quayle and John Snow on his payroll. Cerberus also owns several military contracting companies. After Newtown Feinberg has decided to sell the Freedom Group which contains Remington, Marlin and others. I don't see nor can I find a single shred of evidence mentioning Soros and Cerberus. Freedom group obtained Bushmaster and others in 2006. It may own the makers but it has no say in whom those companies sell to. That is still up to the board and physical owners of the companies.

Back