Help With Stain Removal

Adolfo

Registered
Hows it going everyone! I have been doing some research for quite some time in regards to cleaning my Gen 1 Busa steel frame. It has a few stain that almost look like water stains that just wont come off. I have washed, used greaser, Brillo pads, and vinegar. Nothing gets them off. It the part steel part located near the ridders legs. If anyone has any ideas, shoot them my way.

Steel frame? Only the sub-frame is steel,the main frame is aluminum. Can you post a pic please and show us what you are referring to?

Marvel Mystery Oil. Sounds crazy I know but I got some degreaser on my swing arm and it left it stained like that. I applied some Marvel and let it set for just a few minutes wiped it of and it was gone.

Hi guys and thanks for the replies. I have been working like crazzy this week. I will post pics tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Hey guys, I was finally able to attach the pics about what I was talking about. They almost look like water stains. If anybody has any ideas please advise.

IMG_2302-1.JPG

IMG_2303-1.JPG

IMG_2304.JPG

Looks like battery acid was washed off and ate into the finish. Cant do much for that without ruining the paint on the frame. You buy the bike used and these "stains" were already on it?

i would look at a Harley forum for an answer, they are always leaking something and yet seem to keep their bikes shiny between rides to the next bar :hijack:

just a joke everyone, calm down :lol:

i don't know if it would work but (in spite of my previous poor attempt at a joke) a friend of mine who actually does ride a Harley recommended trying S100 Cycle Cleaner

Thanks! It's worth a shoot! Also I recently did a coolant flush and discovered that my reservoir is crack at the bottom. Does anyone know of a site that sells them for the Gen 1? All I can find is Gen 2? The ones I have found do not match the bolt pattern to attache it to the frame.

GoldenChild would be able to get one for you, i sent him a message with a link to this thread

Back