factory rearset bushings (pita or pinta bushings)

2tone

Registered
Not sure of the name of them and actually turning to you guys before the dealer. Would like to know the actual name or if you guys have a part number that would be great. It would be the front rearset bushings for factory pegs that hold them to the frame. My powdercoating guy washed the parts in solvent and destroyed one side. Also told me that they would melt in the oven.
after some research on here, i found out you could powdercoat with them in and would handle 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Just a headache i have to deal with.

On a second note, when i do the wheels, am i going ti destroy the whek bearings getting them out? Im not a retard and wont be a butcher but are they going to come out hard where i just say screw it and buy new? Trying to plan ahead here.

I'm quite sure that they don't sell that bushing. If you find that to be true, I will sell you a used rearset for a real good price.

Buy new bearings and have them in the freezer, ready for when you need to install them. You can bring hte wheels to a shop for removal, or you can heat the wheel with a small torch, then push them out from the opposite side. It's not all that easy, but it can be done.

Hope your powder coater is paying for this?? Pretty sure you will have to buy the whole rear set for the bushings.

I work for a bike shop and im familiar with some issues. But every bike is different. was planning ahead.no i dont believe he is. I was able to save 4 bushings and need 2. I may consider buying the rearset from you. Let me shop first if i cant get the bushings.

They sell the bushings separately. Part number 09319-08045 BUSH $15.52. The Gen I and Gen II's are the same. I used a couple of sockets and a vise to push them out.

That's great news. When I did my 03, I was told no, so I had a machinist buddy fab some out of brass. Worked great, but of course, not like OEM.

Back