Help with riding pants plz!

Blacksmith

Registered
It's not a style question it's a firment problem. I'm limited to Cycle gear for trying them on so I've only been able to try Ironworkers, Reax, and Street and Steel. They all fit like skinny jeans!! I'm 5'11" Jean size 32-34 with 34" inseam but all the Jean's I've tried are tight on my legs even when labeled "relaxed fit". The knee pads also tend to be just a bit low for me. I've been looking at Alpinestars but theres several reviews saying "tight legs" and "odd fitment", also looked at AVG but not much to read on them. So are there any of y'all that dont have pencil legs that can point me to good riding jeans with kevlar and armor? I dont mind if they look like riding jeans as long as they fit comfortably

When I wear jeans, in the heat, I wear boot cut Levis with hard shell padded moto-x style knee and shin guards underneath. I know I’m giving up rash protection on my hips and upper legs (jeans are denim but denim is cotton) but I’m more concerned with impact protection. The armor fits fine underneath boot cut jeans and I’m no beanpole. Any pant you end up with should have the knee pads in place over the knee (when seated on the bike). They can look sloppy off the bike, usually lower than your knees while walking around which is normal. You want them in place while in your riding position.

I'm not sure if they're available over your way, but I'm a fan of RST jeans. Good fit, good protection and enough room I can squat down when needed. They also have a mix of chino / cargo that I can wear to the office and not need to change. I'm 6'1"and around 95kg

It's not a style question it's a firment problem. I'm limited to Cycle gear for trying them on so I've only been able to try Ironworkers, Reax, and Street and Steel. They all fit like skinny jeans!! I'm 5'11" Jean size 32-34 with 34" inseam but all the Jean's I've tried are tight on my legs even when labeled "relaxed fit". The knee pads also tend to be just a bit low for me. I've been looking at Alpinestars but theres several reviews saying "tight legs" and "odd fitment", also looked at AVG but not much to read on them. So are there any of y'all that dont have pencil legs that can point me to good riding jeans with kevlar and armor? I dont mind if they look like riding jeans as long as they fit comfortably
Im surprised you say that about the iron workers as I just ordered a pair and they fit rather loose and my legs are by no means little. I actually ordered a 38 since I usually wear either 36 or 38 and they are ridiculously loose so maybe that's why they're not so tight on my legs, I almost feel like I should have went to a 34 on then and I don't wear a 34 in any jeans.

Im surprised you say that about the iron workers as I just ordered a pair and they fit rather loose and my legs are by no means little. I actually ordered a 38 since I usually wear either 36 or 38 and they are ridiculously loose so maybe that's why they're not so tight on my legs, I almost feel like I should have went to a 34 on then and I don't wear a 34 in any jeans.
The ironworkers were the closest to fitting out of all I tried but I think that's because they seem to run a little big. The 32's were still somewhat loose at my waist and the legs weren't to bad. When I put my belt on the normal notch they were bunched up under it so a size smaller would fit my waist but then the legs would be tighter too.

I've seen really good reviews on Rokker Jean's today but man they're high! Everybody seems to like the more relaxed non-Euro fit though

Back