HELP.. Rectifier relocation problem!!

Moving the rectifier isn't going to cause that issue SLEEPER. I would put it back in the OEM location and take it back to the dealer. Ya they get hot but shooting flames out the back is NOT normal. That is a warranty issue plain and simple...
I agree 100%.

:thumbsup:

Moving the rectifier isn't going to cause that issue SLEEPER. I would put it back in the OEM location and take it back to the dealer. Ya they get hot but shooting flames out the back is NOT normal. That is a warranty issue plain and simple...

I am with him... put it back stock and go see suzuki for a new one!

I Had mine meltdown a few weeks ago. I bought the bike new in Cherry Hill NJ($9600):laugh: Decided to Drive it home down the Eastern shore. Got within 5 miles of my house in Va. and lost all my guages and the ignition system soon after. Stuck on the side of the road With a 2 day old bike with 280 miles on it.:banghead: took over a week to get the bike back and im still out $75 for the tow. The dealer where i bought it says he had this happen with 4 others Suzuki's in the last month.(1 Busa, 2 gsxr 600's, and 1 gsxr 1k). They say they cant figure out which ones are bad till they drive them for 100-400 miles!

I Had mine meltdown a few weeks ago. I bought the bike new in Cherry Hill NJ($9600):laugh: Decided to Drive it home down the Eastern shore. Got within 5 miles of my house in Va. and lost all my guages and the ignition system soon after. Stuck on the side of the road With a 2 day old bike with 280 miles on it.:banghead: took over a week to get the bike back and im still out $75 for the tow. The dealer where i bought it says he had this happen with 4 others Suzuki's in the last month.(1 Busa, 2 gsxr 600's, and 1 gsxr 1k). They say they cant figure out which ones are bad till they drive them for 100-400 miles!

You are not the only one who's had a bad rectifier. A friend of mine got a 09 ZX10 out the crate and his went bad and he went down (lost all power after 160 miles riding it home).... Kawi is fixing the bike.

Ill be heading to quaker steak and lube tonight in Newport News. Ill be on the 09 1k! NAme is Tim.

Unfortunately after being on these boards for 10 years, I have heard over and over again how Suzuki screws people on the warrantee, so I'm sure of the results I will get.

It's not just Suzuki, all the manufacturers do the same thing, especially if you go modding the bike

Good news today.
My buddy used to sell bikes at the local Kawasaki/Suzuki dealership, so he called his contact in the service dept. We brought the bike today. They didn't even go out to look at it. I told her exactly what was up and she ordered the part right there on the spot. I told her that I would pay the $30 to have to 2 day shipped. It should be here Wednesday.

Man that's freakin' crazy!! I relocated mine, not really sure why other than it makes it a little cleaner looking down there since I still run the belly wing. Next time my tail is off, i will definitely be checking mine for safety!

thanks for the heads up!

Good news today.
My buddy used to sell bikes at the local Kawasaki/Suzuki dealership, so he called his contact in the service dept. We brought the bike today. They didn't even go out to look at it. I told her exactly what was up and she ordered the part right there on the spot. I told her that I would pay the $30 to have to 2 day shipped. It should be here Wednesday.

Good stuff, glad they are taking care of you... :thumbsup:

Back