helibars

kentmax5

Registered
hey ya'll. need to pick the group brain. sat on an 05'busa with 1 1/2" helibars on it and liked the feel of ride positon.(i'm 6'00" tall). somebody bought the bike out from under me and he brought the helibars back because when turning, the switches rubbed the windshield. How do you fix this? thanx to all for input.

That is strange.
I just got my Heli-bars today on UPS and have been reading the instructions on them.They say it will clear everything. I am going try and install them tonight.

Maybe they are not positioned correctly.

My Helibars (on an '05 as well) DO NOT hit.
Weird
rock.gif

As I recall, if you have a stock windscreen, they only barely touch at full lock. When I put my double-bubble on, I didn't have the problem.

first you can try to simply rotate the controls foward a bit (this is easier on the wrists too)

loosen the two 8mm bolts on the bar clamps a little and then rotate each assembly a little forward until you no longer hit.

try not to go too far forward or you will end up hitting the levers on the plastics.... then you might have to buy pazzo shorties to fix that...
wink.gif

this should allow the resevoirs to clear easily...then tighten the bolts back up.

I have both a genmar 1-3/4" riser and the helibars on mine....I will try to take a pic or two some time tomorrow.

I dont really notice any hitting on mine, so dunno... I'd say get them, you'll probably want a double bubble anyway, so just get it at the same time
cool.gif

I just recently did this mod. Have to agree with everybody else here you really will want to do the Double Bubble or Sport Touring shield as I did. I have no contact issues at all with mine. Here is a link to another discussion on this subject here with Pictures. Lots of clearance.

My Heli Bars bolted on EXACTLY as the instructions said. The fast idle cable needs to be rerouted, but I had no clearance problems on my 04.

I went with the ZGDB anyway, but that was after the Heli Bars.

i have an 01 with helibars and it was the best money i spent on comfort for my back on long rides, they went on with on problems.i have my stock screen two zero gravity a double bubble and an st and an ermax and non of them touch at all you do have to re-route the cold-start cable a little but thats it. i used a soft moving blanket across the tank and let it drape over the sides to protect from scraches, just take your time and there wont be any awww s~~~ how did i do that! YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH THEM

hey ya'll. need to pick the group brain. sat on an 05'busa with 1 1/2" helibars on it and liked the feel of ride positon.(i'm 6'00" tall). somebody bought the bike out from under me and he brought the helibars back because when turning, the switches rubbed the windshield. How do you fix this? thanx to all for input.
Helibars are not going to hit anything,if thats the only riser installed. I have helibars and a genmar 19mm and at full lock the switches hit pretty hard. It will actually turn on my high beam (from the pass button). I'm running a zero gravity touring windscreen. the switches hitting a windscreen is not a biggie, but mine hit the fairing too. BTW helibars are 1 5/8" rise at the bar ENDS. Its all about the angle compared to stock straight bars.

<!--EDIT|hyperboosta
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136659639 -->

Back