Doc, I feel your pain!

OK ENOUGH DROPS ARE READY. Fix those stands guys bebore it is to late.

I didn't drop mine off the stand. I went down in some gravel because I didn't see the gravel as I was doing a U-turn. Still a $1000+ stupid, can't blame it on anyone else, mistake on my part, but slightly different circumstances.

Yup, I've got full coverage insurance so that's not an issue.  I think I just feel like an idiot and talking about it on the board makes me feel better about the whole thing.
Bad news to have this happen

Good news is you can call the insurance man then start customizing..

aftermarket exhaust
&
custom paint job

and whatever else your heart desires

Just got the estimate for the damage from the dealer today! I couldn't believe it, the total was $4200 including labor! I was shocked. I was thinking $2000 would be on the high-side and I didn't really break anything, only scratched it up.

Don't drop your bikes people!

Hey Ben .. This past summer a friend of mine went down on an R6. He got the bike out of the ditch rode it home and called the Yamaha shop. They gave him a 4000$ estimate . Turns out he only had about 1000$ in damage. The shop told him that when they get an insurance job they replace everything that might have been damaged. They even wanted to replace his speedometer which didn't even get damaged. He got the bike back shopped e-bay and fixed it for right at 1100$. So you might want to get a list of parts they are planning on replacing and question their reasons.

Shoeio is right on the MONEY! If it is just plastics, order them yourself from RonAyers.com for $1000 and keep the $3000 for titanium exhaust, PCIIIr, etc. etc. etc.!!!!!! The same thing happened to a friend of mine.... hmmmm, maybe I SHOULD have turned mine in!

Bad news to have this happen

Good news is you can call the insurance man then start customizing..

aftermarket exhaust
&
custom paint job

and whatever else your heart desires

[/QUOTE]

That's right. New exhaust, custom paint, etc....
There is a bright side to this story.
I dropped my 99' ZX-9 pulling out of the driveway once, right after I waxed it. That really sucked.

Ben-Sorry to hear about your bike. Sux big time. Don't feel
bad I did almost the same thing about 1 yr ago. In a parking
lot turning around. Got to close to a parking block where some mud was caked up and my front tire just washed out before I knew what had happened. Almost the same damage to my 2000 Busa. Fix her up, she'll be as good as new.
AAAssjani.gif

Back