HELP ! Helibars with aftermarket top triple clamp major fitment problem/issue

Got my Heli-Bars today,and just holding them up and eyeballing them doesn't look like the reservoirs will clear the Puig double bubble windscreen with my Brocks top lowering tree.I may be wrong and will go ahead and try them but sure doesn't look like they'll work with my set up.Had them on my last Gen I with a one piece top lowering tree and ZG double bubble and they just barely cleared(and that was with a one piece top tree which put the bars and reservoirs lower than will be with the two piece set up i have now).

I have the black helibars with ballz triple clamp and lowered about 3/4 of an inch. No issues here, but also no bar risers.

My Brocks top tree looks like it fits about the same as your BallZ top tree and if your Heli-Bars fit then mine should too(but my luck never runs that good:laugh:).

A .75" spacer and Heli-bars will clear(as well as work with stock length brake/clutch lines).
A 1" spacer and Heli-bars will cause the mc's to hit the inner windshield.

Howdy sixpack,

I have no doubt they'll work with the stock top tree bro,but i'm running a Brocks top tree which allows the forks to slide up through it so the bars are pushed at least a 1/2" further forward towards the dash/screen,etc. than they would be with the stock top tree.nectrplnt in an above post has a picture of his with a Ball Z top tree(which looks about like Brocks)and got his to work so i'm gonna give it a whirl,but just eyeballing mine it looks like it'll be extremely close or just not work at all.

Just finished installing them and happy as all hell to report that they will work with a Brocks top lowering tree(backed it off the lift and bars turn/reservoirs clear the dash from lock to lock).:thumbsup:

Left Heli-Bar installed to show difference from stock bar on right;

4-23-2013Heli-Bars004_zpsd7c2bf5b.jpg

Both installed;

4-23-2013Heli-Bars006_zps3a6470c2.jpg

Crap,just noticed in the picture it looks like i need to loosen the left one and rotate slightly back a bit to be even with the right.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back