Top triple clamp and clipons

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Just fitted up this top triple clamp set up with offset clipons . Had a short test on it and it feels quite good , the bars are lower but the bar angle is the same as stock 7 degrees , and the bar is back towards the rider . Now , I took a gamble on this setup to cure my RCS Brembo brake master cylinder from activating on my dash on extreme turn . Usaually only affects when pushing the beast around , but did actually get me when I pulled up to park the other week on a ride ! Now , no worries , just clears nicely .
Now the top clamp is from Agras (owned by Mikuni ) , and does come with clipons but they weren't going to help so did not use them . The clipons are Renthal gen 3 .
Now the weight of top triple with ti bolts is just under 650 grams , and the clipons weight 207 grams each with ti fasteners . I will give it a longer test soon , but just not reaching forward as much felt good , and combined with lower rearsets , well I looking forward to testing .
DSCF1473.JPG
DSCF1469.JPG
DSCF1475.JPG

Just fitted up this top triple clamp set up with offset clipons . Had a short test on it and it feels quite good , the bars are lower but the bar angle is the same as stock 7 degrees , and the bar is back towards the rider . Now , I took a gamble on this setup to cure my RCS Brembo brake master cylinder from activating on my dash on extreme turn . Usaually only affects when pushing the beast around , but did actually get me when I pulled up to park the other week on a ride ! Now , no worries , just clears nicely .
Now the top clamp is from Agras (owned by Mikuni ) , and does come with clipons but they weren't going to help so did not use them . The clipons are Renthal gen 3 .
Now the weight of top triple with ti bolts is just under 650 grams , and the clipons weight 207 grams each with ti fasteners . I will give it a longer test soon , but just not reaching forward as much felt good , and combined with lower rearsets , well I looking forward to testing . View attachment 1579264View attachment 1579266View attachment 1579267
My fr Andrew as always excellent the work you have done and full of quality.
I'm interested in buying Renthal clipons.
What's the difference between Renthal Gen1 clipons with the Renthal Gen 3?
Their prices are similar.. The hands angle is changed compared to the factory clip ons?

Gen1
Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 2008 - 2017 Renthal Gen 1 50MM Race Track Clip Ons | eBay

Gen3
Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 2008 - 2017 Renthal Gen 3 50MM Race Track Clip Ons | eBay

Now the weight of top triple with ti bolts is just under 650 grams , and the clipons weight 207 grams each with ti fasteners . I will give it a longer test soon , but just not reaching forward as much felt good , and combined with lower rearsets , well I looking forward to testing . View attachment 1579264View attachment 1579266View attachment 1579267
Their prices are similar.. The hands angle is changed compared to the factory clip ons?

Gen1
Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 2008 - 2017 Renthal Gen 1 50MM Race Track Clip Ons | eBay

Gen3
Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 2008 - 2017 Renthal Gen 3 50MM Race Track Clip Ons | eBay
Hi Wow what a nice busa. I have a 2015 busa abs. I want to do the same thing . Brembo clutch and brake radial masters. I to get tripple clam andcoupons. I heard they hit dash. My email is fastbikes2005@hotmail. can you shoot me an email. I have some questions. Thank you Nelson is my name.

Gen1

Gen3
I just seen this bro , not sure about the Gen 1 Renthal , but I didn't think they were the best option out of the clipons they make . The Gen 3 is super light 200g each , and offset 20mm . Still allow pumps to foul on the way to full lock , so you have to be mindful of this .

I just seen this bro , not sure about the Gen 1 Renthal , but I didn't think they were the best option out of the clipons they make . The Gen 3 is super light 200g each , and offset 20mm . Still allow pumps to foul on the way to full lock , so you have to be mindful of this .
I was thinking that maybe the Renthal clipons solved the problem, with the brembo pumps. (brake and clutch master cylinders).
In the mountain roads 180 degree turns the brembo pumps touch the panels, and this is dangerous. My engineer suggested two solutions: To reduce the stop to clip ons ot grind the panels. Neither solution left me satisfied.
I don't know what else to think about Andrew, you use and the Top Bridge Agras * mastepiece helped you set up?

00001005395L.jpg

The Agras setup is better , but as mentioned does not fix this bro . I actually had an incident with the Brocks plate / bar combo , that plate might marginally move the bars even further forward , anyway , went to pull up at a popular bike joint , and seen a gap in oncoming traffic so I crossed over and swooped into the parking bay area , on a tight ish radius slow turn , and bang , activated the brakes and pulled a bit of a stoppie ( successfully ) luckily.... in front of a pack of onlookers .... scared me because I had been concentrating on everything other than that happening !!
Anyway , that is why I put together this setup , it is still not the ideal fix bro , but I like it combined with the lower peg setup , and is good on my old wrist injuries .
One thing I have thought off is machine the pump bar slot deeper into the casting , and face the clamp to suit , to give a bit more .
Now , @Ac41 , as we know runs his thing hard on the track with the RCS pump setup , he advised me he has ( forgot exactly how ) added to the bottom clamps stops , so as to limit the travel .
I will we have a think on it again bro , about the whole setup , and we see what we can work out . Meantime , keep away as best you can from 180 degree mountain switchbacks .

The Agras setup is better , but as mentioned does not fix this bro . I actually had an incident with the Brocks plate / bar combo , that plate might marginally move the bars even further forward , anyway , went to pull up at a popular bike joint , and seen a gap in oncoming traffic so I crossed over and swooped into the parking bay area , on a tight ish radius slow turn , and bang , activated the brakes and pulled a bit of a stoppie ( successfully ) luckily.... in front of a pack of onlookers .... scared me because I had been concentrating on everything other than that happening !!
Anyway , that is why I put together this setup , it is still not the ideal fix bro , but I like it combined with the lower peg setup , and is good on my old wrist injuries .
One thing I have thought off is machine the pump bar slot deeper into the casting , and face the clamp to suit , to give a bit more .
Now , @Ac41 , as we know runs his thing hard on the track with the RCS pump setup , he advised me he has ( forgot exactly how ) added to the bottom clamps stops , so as to limit the travel .
I will we have a think on it again bro , about the whole setup , and we see what we can work out . Meantime , keep away as best you can from 180 degree mountain switchbacks .
Very detailed answer as always @ROADTOAD1340 . Thank you for your time.
We have a problem here,a friend of mine has cut the plastic in the panels at the point where the pump is touching, but I don't like that choice being ugly watching it for a while. I will try to find the next service I can't do my own thing. I'll let you know about what's new in this issue.

Back